I Am Free

Alex

Was everything that we've gone through just a joke to him? How could he just turn his back on me so quickly. All I had to do was threaten to leave and he didn't even seem to care.

When he first kidnapped Madi and I, he had told us that we would stay there forever. That we would never be able to leave.

I didn't even want to leave. But it sure seemed like he wanted me to. Does he not love me anymore? I loved him. But if he could turn his back on me so quickly I knew that I had to go. I don't know a ton about relationships, but its common sense to realize that when the person your with turns away from you, you should leave.

I kept running as these thoughts pushed themselves into my brain. No matter how much I tried to shove them away, they kept on pushing in.

We had so many memories together. Good and Bad. But this memory keeps going on replay in my mind Over and over again. His back turned away from me, him walking away. Letting me go. I could almost feel my heart break a little bit.

Maybe we weren't meant to be mates after all. Maybe there was a mistake. After all this time together you would think I would have figured this out earlier. I should have figured out this.

Alex. Stop thinking of him. He made it known that he doesn't care what I do.

I'm happy for Madi and Veronica. They both deserve to be happy. I hope Jacob tells them exactly what happened when they find out I'm gone. I hope he tells them every detail about how he left me standing alone in the foyer.

And I hope that the girls stay with their mates. Because I know that there was no mistake with them. Mark and Veronica were meant for each other. And Dylan and Madi balance each other out perfectly. I thought Jacob and I were the same way...

The stretch of woods was ending and in front of me was the city. I had only been here a few times alone. It was pretty intimiadting seeing it alone. I usually had Madi by my side.

I wonder if I'll ever see her again. I hope I do. She's my best friend, my sister. would I see her tomorrow? Or a month from now? Or years from now? Where will I be in a few years?

An idea pops up into my brain. I can finally do the things Ive always wanted in life. When I was with Jacob I was forced into being the Luna. I loved being the Luna, but it wasn't my decision, it was his.

Now I have a clean slate. And I know exactly what I'm going to do with it.

As soon as I got into town I walked into the bank and took out most of the cash that Jacob had put there for me in case of emergencies. I then transferred the remaining money in a separate account so he can't do anything with it.

I went to the mall nearby, not the usual one I went with the girls in. A smaller one, just in case people are looking for me.

In the mall I bought a new phone and chucked my old one in the trash. If I'm going to get a clean slate I'm going to do it right.

Where was I going to stay? The thought popped into my mind and I stood there thinking for a bit. I have enough money to buy a mansion. But I want to stay hidden for awhile.

What if I lived a few towns over. In an apartment of my own. I could have a safe place, far away from that life I just lived. I smiled at my own idea and as soon as I stepped outside I called a cab and drove for an hour. And then I got into another cab and drove for a second hour. I did this for hours on end.

I continued to drive through towns until I felt I was far away. When I got out of my last cab I smiled, this place could be my new home. Who knows...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm gonna be honest. The first few weeks being by myself were a whirlwind. And it was difficult. But I am happy to say that I did everything by myself. With no egotistical Alpha calling all the shots.

I managed to get an apartment. It was right above a bakery, so in the morning I was always woken up by the smell of bread and other eateries being made. It was great. I also got a shop waitressing at a diner near the apartment. It was a cute little place that I adored.

I didn't really need a job, but I got bored with all of my new free time.

Also, as a precaution I've been going by Alexandra. It's not a huge change, but just enough that I am less worried about everything.

When I wasn't working I usually went out at night. trying all the new things I could. I wanted to soak up everything this new life had to offer.

From what I could tell in my time here, I don't think there is any werewolf business going on. I don't know for sure, but I don't think there is a pack located on this territory. And even if there was, my scent is mostly human, so they wouldn't be suspicious.

My only worry is the whole, mostly human thing. Whenever I look in the mirror, I am reminded that I've been marked. This means that his scent is mixed with my own. I'm just hoping that my shadow side is covering most of it.

Sometimes my mark starts to heat up. Like a burn. But I feel no pain when that happens. But that could possibly be because I have become numb whenever thinking about who gave me that mark.

I've tried to scrub it off. And I've spent nights crying because it won't leave my skin. I am constantly reminded of the person who left me.

The mark is the only thing that saddens me. My new life brings a smile to my face just about every time I see something that reminds me that I'm not trapped in that stupid house.

I am able to do anything I please. I spend some of my free time reading books and books and more books. And the rest of my time is spent at the diner. And even though it is a job, I love it. I love every second of it.

I am free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n

Currently trying to push out chapters.

I am also jamming out some Camp Rock so thats also great !

ALSO!! Message me a cover and yours could possibly be chosen for this story !

I have a lot of exciting things planned for this book and I want all of you to be involved.