Dear Best Friend

Dear Best Friend,
We've known each other for a while now. You could say we've grown a special bond. But when it come to me or them, it seems I'm almost always second place.

When it's us and them in the same place you seem to always go to them. I get you may have known them a while longer but how come you never talk to me. But when you do I'm still second place, because you openly say you would have gone to them but they're currently busy or you don't want to talk to them for some reason or the other.

          I'm no social butterfly and everyone else I know seems to be. So they're off hanging out with their other friends and I'm just there, watching from afar. You were the person I relied on to be there even though I'd rather not admit it, so when I see you over there talking with them it hurts a little. I know I shouldn't feel this way but I honestly can't help.

         Hey, Best Friend? Do you realize what you're doing to me? Do you realize the trust I put in you and for you to turn around throw it all away by telling them. Yes, it was that one person but that doesn't mean it didn't hurt. You both called me something I didn't think I was and now that's all I can think about when I see you together. I'm this and I do that. But do you know why I did it? Because I wanted to hang out with you. I wanted to talk to you, maybe not just you and me but at least give me the tiniest attention. That make sound like an attention hog but I honestly don't care. So there, that's why I did. That's why I was the way I was.

      How come you didn't say anything. How come when I was in literal tears you didn't help me up. How come, you had to tell them. Why? I know this is old news but that doesn't mean it doesn't affect the current events. You've probably forgotten but I sure as hell haven't. But that doesn't matter anymore, now does it. Like I said before, it's old news.

        We have our jokes, our plots to take over the world. But yet, why do I still feel as if those moments are all a dream. It feels so real until it isn't. And it's not only them, it's her. Well, was her. She's a whole other story that I'd rather not get into because that's a whole other topic for a whole other letter.

           Dear Best Friend, even though I feel what I feel, you will always be my best friend. And you may never see this and if you do, you won't know it's you.

            Bye Best Friend. Enjoy your life with them and Her and hopefully me as well.

Yours Truly,
Madison Z.Reid