Second Child {an Ashley Greene and Jackson Rathbone story}

(A/N) I want to say before you read any further this is made up of gossip and heresy and I would be very upset if anyone read this and began hounding Ashley or Jackson for information about something that has a very small chance that it actually happened in the first place! I just hope you enjoy it and I bet it'l twist your minds for a while lol.

It was May, we hadn't long finished working together on Eclipse. People thought they knew the whole of our story, thought they knew what was best for Jackson and I. We were just friends, we really were, but friendships develop and so does love- love that should not have existed. It hadn't mattered that I'd had a boyfriend or two over the years we'd got to know each other but we had both been free from other people, if we were careful we wouldn't be the latest celebrity relationship that was on the cover of every magazine and got mentioned on every news channel from Miami to

Seattle, and across the rest of the twilight crazed world.

I hadn't wanted to be a cliche, to be typecast by falling in love with a co-star. The co-star who played the one which my character, Alice happened to be married to. I had promised myself that I would never date a co-star while we worked together and I didn't, not really. Like I say,I had various boyfriends in the time we knew each other but it didn't matter how hard I tried it always came back to Jackson. Now we were both free, both single and free from co-starring for a while.

That wasn't what happened, it was a spur of the moment thing that left my mind reeling. We didn't mean for it to happen but it did, we ended up in my apartment, in my bed. I think you get the idea.

That was why I found myself looking at my phone's screen reading and re-reading the text before sending it to Jackson. We had to get it sorted before the promo stuff began, some of it had already been in play for a while but there was still half the US to cover on the promo tours. I needed to fix this soon but he had to know. I looked back at the text and then deleted it all.

'We need to talk' I typed in, chickening out of what I needed to say, what I should have said. If I'd known then that 'not the right time' would result in the future we had I would have done it, what is more important love or career. I didn't know that I had to choose. I had no idea until the following year that choosing one made me lose the other.

The meeting was arranged soon enough, in a cafe a few miles away from home. I don't know why I still believed that might offer some protection from the paparazzi but it didn't. As much as I loved the fans I had I hated that they meant being followed. I'd have to be careful what I said to Jackson- make sure no one heard a word.

We met at a table in the corner of the cafe, to our advantage it was busy and we could sit away from the windows. His dark hair was still long, covering his bewitching green eyes like nothing else in the world that I could describe. He was the right person- I knew that perfectly but at the same time the timing was totally out. I wasn't ready yet and neither was he.

After ordering drinks and sipping silently for a while Jackson eventually spoke,

"What's up Ashley- somethings bugging you and I don't know what but it has something to do with me , yes?"

I nodded, trying to value the few precious seconds I had to work out what I was supposed to say,

"Um, I. Jackson I really need to tell you this but it's not easy and I don't know how to say it,"

"It can be that bad, you haven't robbed a bank or something," I smiled, typical Jackson making a joke out of everything. He wasn't trying to be judgemental he was just like that always.

"Jackson," I paused lowering my voice even more incase the people at the next table happened to be reporters,

"I'm pregnant."

I'd already known I wasn't keeping it, I had just began to get somewhere in the career of my dreams and I wasn't ready to raise a kid. I was signed for Breaking Dawn, there were other directors beginning to trust I could work who may cast me in the future. I couldn't travel the country with a baby. I couldn't take up my final role of Alice Cullen with a baby bump. I had no choice.

I didn't want to do it, to kill a baby and I felt terrible for weeks but I had to put on a front for the promotional stuff, for the premiers. It was made better that I almost had Jackson. Until I didn't. October 2011 he meets a girl named Sheila Hafsadi, a burlesque dancer. A few moths later I heard it from Kellan, he hadn't told me straight out- had said he wanted to tell me in person. His girlfriend was pregnant, the baby was due in the summer.

Something felt wrong from the beginning and when I was phoned, as someone to confide in I had to stop myself saying I told you so. Their baby was her baby. She was already pregnant when her and Jackson met. He was devastated at first, but his devastation was better than what followed. He was happy, thrilled. He loves his son even when it wasn't his. I was the only one he'd told- his family didn't know, he had vowed to stay with Sheila, he loved her and she needed him. Her son needed him.

This is why, for those who noticed. This is why there was no congratulations on either the pregnancy or the birth of baby Monroe Jackson. I felt so hurt, he kept her baby, a baby that wasn't even his own blood- raising him like the perfect son and yet we had kept ours quiet. Now I think about what might have been if I'd had our baby. I saw us living together as a family a little girl instead of his false son. The fans would have embraced my reason for leaving Alice early- they would have been equally thrilled to hear Jackson and I were the parents. My Mom had always liked Jackson, she'd greet her first grandchild lovingly and her knew son in law.

Things never happened that way and now my only babies are two miniature fox terriers. I have Reeve and yes he is awesome and amazing and I do love him, but he's not Jackson. He's not what could have been.

All I am trying to say here is don't judge what you don't know, things go on in the Hollywood world just like in the backstreets of Moscow. I will not embrace a child which is born on a lie and I will mourn the wrong decision made in '06.

I will because Monroe Jackson is only the second child.