Chapter 1

Authors Note:

hi!  I'm gonna make this fast, but i just wanted to point out that that last chapter was the prologue.  ok, carry on :)

Oh and I dedicated this to 1010girl for a lot of reasons.  Not only was she the one who told me about wattpad, but she is also the one reading this story! :)

Thank you so much <3

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=63160496 - Her Outfit

_________________________________________________________________________________

 Beep.  Beep.  BEEP.  BEEP!

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring in my ear, getting louder each time.

“Mrlgmhelfmh,”  I mumbled unintelligibly and whacked it with my hand.  To no avail.

BEEP! BEEEP! BEEPBEEPBEEP!

“Ugh!”  I moaned  and sat up.  I rubbed my blurry eyes with one hand, and tried to shut the damn alarm off with the other.  After an eternity of trying,  I finally woke up enough to find the off switch, cutting off the next BEEP.  The silence was a relief, and I sighed.

But since I was already halfway up, I might as well get ready.

After a quick, cold shower,  I braided  my long red hair.  According to my sister Maddy, who is a chef,  my hair is a “strawberry blondie with extra strawberries.”  For my last birthday, she’d actually baked them (the blondies, not my hair).

Half an hour later, I was done.  I looked at myself in the mirror on my bedroom door, from top to bottom.  My hair was slightly wavy from the braids I’d recently removed.  The only makeup I wore was some lengthening mascara and light pink lip gloss.  My outfit was simple and definitely cozy: A flowy, white Minnie Mouse shirt, grey flats with bows on top, and a pair of peach skinny jeans that tightly hugged my legs.  And my ass.

Stop checking yourself out, Clar, I thought.

A minute later I heard a yell.

“Clarice, you get your tight ass down here this minute, or I’m leaving without you!”  

I laughed.

“One second, Bry” I screamed back.  I grabbed a pair of chandelier earrings off of the top of my dresser and my bag off the bed, and ran out the door.  I flew down the stairs and ran smack-dab into Bryan.  And then I exploded into laughter at the look of fear on his face.  Completely priceless.

He caught me when my knees gave out and rolled his dark blue eyes.  

“Real mature, Clar,” he scoffed, but I could a smile forming at his lips.

“Hahaha.  Hah!”  I laughed at him.  “You were scared!”

“Actually, no, even though you are very scary.  But I’m all manly and not scared,” he winked at me.

“Psht.  Don’t try to flirt with me mister.”  I shoved him in the arm.  “Speaking of flirting, why are you so dolled up?  Is that a new shirt?  And oo have you been working out more?” I smirked

“Um, I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Really?”  I said sweetly.  “This new look doesn’t have to do with a certain Cameron or anything?”

“No,” he mumbled, but his cheeks turned pink.

“Ha, I knew it!”

“You knew what?” Maddy asked, coming around the corner.

I smiled.  “Our wittle Bry-Bry has a cwush!”

“Aw, that’s so cute Bryan,” she smiled.  “But you better fix your hair if you want him to notice you.

Bryan’s hands flew up to his dark hair in horror.

“Kidding,” she laughed, and I joined in.

He narrowed his eyes at us.  “I’m waiting in the car.  You Woods sisters are evil.”  And with that he stormed out the door and to his car.

We laughed again quietly, but it was forced this time.  “Evil” has always been a touchy word in our family.

“Here’s your lunch,” she said, handing me the bag she was holding.  “And don’t forget, we’re going to see Eve’s new place this afternoon.”

“Wouldn’t miss it,” I said back quietly.  “And thanks for the lunch.”  You may think seventeen is too old to still have your sister making your lunches for you, but you haven’t tasted Maddy’s lunches.  It can make you change your opinion on a lot of things.

“Bye, Clarice.”

“Bye, see you later,” I responded before running out the door to Bryan’s blue SUV.  And due to the blasting country music, I guessed he was back in a good mood again.

“Oh my gosh, Clar, you have to hear this guy sing.  I mean do you hear it?  Do you hear the sexiness?  ARE YOU HAVING AN EARGASM?!” he screamed over the music and I laughed quietly.

I looked out the window and watched the white house until it faded away.

___________________________________________________________________________

Ok sorry but I just wanted to say thanks for reading and i hope you liked it! :) also, please give me any feedback.  tell me what you like, what you don't like, where you think the story, is going, where you think it should go, etc. whatever!  also, please feel free to point out any grammatical mistakes! thank you!! <3