13 | death and the endgame

chapter xiii of the death season :

" I HOPE THEY REMEMBER YOU . " 

╓─────────────────────╖

" But . . . that up there , that ' s . . . that ' s the endgame . "

╙─────────────────────╜

january 11, 2018

titan

PANIC EATS AWAY AT HER CHEST as Lisa desperately tries to dig through the crushed debris of the fallen moon. Thick red dust swirls through the air, her suit automatically changing colors to camouflage her from Thanos' sight and give her more time. She just needs a little more time. Plasma shoots from her repulsors, trying to loosen the heavy rocks until her hands are sliced open and bleeding from trying to yank them away.

Her father is underneath there, maybe broken, maybe dead.

And she couldn't save him. She would do anything to save him.

Angrily gritting her teeth, she knows she has to break the silence. She won't find him otherwise.

"Tony, where are you?!" Her voice echoes through the red atmosphere, the dust becoming too thick to even see through, "Dad?!"

A soft shuffle among the rocks makes Lisa freeze. Flicking her hair back, she squints hard through the red haze and allows her silent footsteps to guide her forward. The rocks continue to shift and move, beckoning her closer. Lisa takes one more cautious step forward and pauses, now hearing nothing but her soft heavy breathing.

She grits her teeth, nervously bouncing, "Come on, Dad, come on..."

The air shifts.

A shadow passes.

Something's coming.

And her spine is being cracked as a large hand snaps around her, yanking her out of the haze and into Thanos' vicious gaze. Everyone else has fallen. Tony is gone. Stephen, gone. Peter, gone. But not her, and she's gonna make him pay.

Something suddenly so very dark clouds her vision and suddenly she feels like she's being pulled away, like she's leaving her body and being taken somewhere else. Her ears begins to ring and her hands begin to ache. A cold feeling wells up in her chest, like cold hands circling around her pumping heart. A pressure builds behind her eyes and what can only be a bomb goes off within her lungs and ravages up her throat.

And suddenly a low deep scream explodes from her lips as she thrusts her hands forward and then light bursts from her very pores, beyond just the veins in her suit and the repulsors. It feels like fire. It feels like death itself. It feels good.

Thanos flies backwards, the titan's body crashing so hard that the ground around him cracks.

Lisa's feet trip and she nearly falls as her own power shoves her a few steps away from the titan. Lisa nearly topples forward in shock, her body still glowing with a strength she's never seen before. Her wide eyes trail down her arms to her hands that flicker.

Lisa's eyes are wide with panic as she finally gathers herself to so intelligibly say, "What the heck was that?"

"You did it. You finally did it." The massive titan slowly moves towards her, his voice low and reassuring, "Don't you see now, child, don't you see?"