The end, the beginning

The end

I need to write it down before it's all to late. I made some choices, some really bad choices in the name of love and justice.
I killed people because they would not share.
I saved people because of my own selfish desire, not because they needed help.
I lost the one I loved forever because of the choices I maked and I need to put it right, starting with this journal.

If you find this book, read it from beginning to the end and you might be able to save us.

The beginning

It all started on a cold winter night, the night I was borned.
It could not have been an anymore unlucky birth, the birth of a monster.
The birth of me that killed my mother and to make things even more difficult right at the start they cut my left arm of.
In the world I was birthed into everything comes at a cost when a person dies, if the mother dies in childbirth they cut of one of the arms or legs of the child who was borned.
If the child is killed in childbirth they castrate the parents so that they can't "kill" more children.
It's a fucked up world to say the least

Well after my birth it didn't become easier from there on out. On my third birthday I was given a power I could claim ones I turned fourteen, the power to make lesser copies of other powers. The power can only be claimed on the birthday you turn fourteen and if you can prove yourself worthy of it. All people know about there's potential power beforehand.

On my ten birthday I found her, the one I would always love. She was so cute in her purple dress, and the flowing yellow hair, almost glimmering in the sunlight. She had long slender fingers, the ones you often find at a pianoplayer. Her name was Rose Wallentine.

On my twelve birthday I finally got the courage to talk to her, but boy was I an idiot. I told her everything, and I mean everything.
Usually when children see the lost arm of someone or hear that you are the reason your mother died they would not talk to you, but Rose wasn't like that. Instead she hold me as all the feelings I bottled up came out in a river of tears. That night was also the night I first feeled love.

The second thing that happened when I turned twelve was that the training begun. The training is the most brutal thing ever.
You get put in a group of ten and then they train you in the hopes that you become worthy, but only a few ever is.

On my fourteen birthday, after two years of training it was finally time to claim my power, the power to copy. My group was the only one in our town to make it through the training and we were the best group seen in over twenty years in the western parts of our country.
Even the lack of my arm did not stop me from making progress. In my two years of training I concentrated on training a blend of martial arts that focused on quick legwork and evesion, with the purpose of waiting for the right moment to strike. Rose on the other hand focused on ranged combat with crossbows and simple spell's. The other people in our group had focused on different things to, like Jack, our self-appointed leader focused on diplomacy and computer hacking, while Lyra focused on hacking things with an axe.

The trial was about to begin and we could be made to face just about anything. As a final preparation our parents came and gave us something for good luck. My father gave me a defensive charm to ward of lethal harm, one that had belonged to my mother. Rose got a set of boots and gloves that was infused with a mix of magic and science that increased mobility, speed and defense.

Now to the trial. The big door that held the trial opened and we were sucked in by an unseen force. When we were stopped we could not believe our eyes, our test was a big fucking dragon. It looked us from left to right and up to down and then spoke.
"Granting access to your powers is a simple command. However, termination of my desire to annihilate you is my demand".
Before we could think about it, the others charged right at the dragon. If the dragon had attacked you I might have agreed with them, but this was a talking dragon, an intelligent being.
When the first person made contact with his sword against the dragon it was like cutting a reflective forse, it deflected the sword right back at him and cut his head off, but that did not stop the others from attacking. One after another they all fell without the dragon having to lift a muscle. And after five minutes it was only Jack, Lyra, Rose and me left.
Jack and Lyra was broken, just sitting in a corner crying. For the first time they had seen a lot of blood and violence and so had me and Rose. But Rose and I did not budge, instead we scanned the room while the dragon still laid there, in the same spot as before.
Five minutes went on and another five and nothing changed.
After about fifteen minutes the dragon rised up and started walking towards us, and that's when I saw it. In the dragons belly we saw it, it was a sword which was stuck.
I nodded at Rose and she got the hint, she started to distract the dragon. When the dragon started to go after Rose and when it did not see me any more I ran for the sword. Before the dragon could reach Rose I ran to the dragon, did a somersault over it's feet and grabbed the sword before I landed. And then it all went dark.

What seemed like forever but probably only was an hour we waited, alerted to our surroundings. And a big computer screen lit up. On it it said, congratulations, the following people has passed:
Jack, Lyra, Rose and Lorelei.