Chapter 2 - Congratulations! (Part 2)

Chapter 2 – Congratulations! (Part 2)

They got to the restaurant a few minutes later. The girls walked through the parking lot and to the restaurant’s entrance. Along the way, Courtney thought of her brother and how he would have loved to see his little sister graduate. She’s wishing that he’ll come soon. Courtney wondered where he was. Her thoughts were interrupted by Jessie. She was getting Courtney’s attention.

“Court! HELLO! Earth to Courtney!” shouted Jessie, waving her hand in front of Courtney’s face.

“Oh. Umm… sorry. Let’s go in the Restaurant.” Courtney answered with an apologetic smile.

When they got in, they were hit by a delicious aroma. They were in an Italian restaurant after all. It smelled like pasta and pizza! Courtney searched the room, trying to find her parents. She spotted her mom and gestured for the others to follow her. They walked to their table. Someone with brown hair was standing in front of them. The person turned around and gave Courtney a huge smile. Courtney was surprised.

“Liam?!” shouted Courtney, still in shock to see her brother so early when he said that he was coming late. She expected to see him tomorrow.

“Hi Sis! Long time no hug!” Liam said, giving his sister a huge grin

“Liam!” she leapt into Liam’s open arms and gave him a big hug. They spun around once then Liam put Courtney down.

“I missed you too Courtney” Liam chuckled. Courtney stood beside him with his arm around her shoulders.

“Hi Liam!” said Alison a little shyly but she still had a smile on her face. Liam smiled at Alison. You could tell that he was a bit surprised to see her. She really changed, just like his sister did. Her once short blonde hair, grew longer. She was even prettier now. Her dress hugged her figure perfectly, showing off her curves.

“Alison!” Liam exclaimed and gave her a big hug.

“I missed you!” Said Liam, smiling

“I missed you too!” Alison happily said. She also stood beside Liam.

“Liam, these are our awesome friends Gabrielle and Jessie!” Courtney told Liam as she gestured to the other girls.

“Hi Girls!” said Liam, and gave them quick hugs.

“Hi Liam!” they said in unison.

“Well, we should order now.” Said Liam, smiling at the group

They all sat down. Liam sat at the end of the table. Courtney took the seat by Liam’s right and Gabby sat down next to Courtney. Alison sat by Liam’s left and Jessie sat next to her. After they ordered, everyone gradually broke off into his/her own conversations. The parents talked among them, Gabby talked to Jessie while Liam, Courtney and Alison talked with each other.

“You two have grown! You’ve turned into ladies” Liam pointed out, with a playful smirk tugging on his lips. Then he laughed. Courtney and Alison laughed too. When their orders arrived, they all dug in at once. Thirty minutes later, everyone except their parents, were done with their meals.

“You guys could head home. We’re going to Mrs. Mc Cartney’s house for a while.” Said Mrs. Cortez

“Go home and rest kids!” said Aunt Daphne, sneaking a wink at Liam. (She knew about Liam’s surprise. As well as the other parents)

“We can?!” asked Courtney not noticing the wink

“Yes, you can darling.” said Mrs. Payne, smiling at her daughter