Chapter 2

I look at the blue haired girl for a few minutes. I'm still in shock. It looks like she is only wearing a mid-thigh white dress. 

I move in closer to her and look. I can only see the back part of her. I can not see her face without her seeing me. I can't believe my eyes. I can't believe that this might actually be my soulmate. I gasp out loud not realizing it. 

She quickly turns around and sees me. I step back in surprise. She stands up and says in a high pitched voice "Don't be afraid! I'm not going to hurt you."

I look at her up and down. She is quite thin and doesn't have that many curves. 

"Who are you?" I say to her taking another step back.

"My name is Ondine," she says taking a step towards me. "Are you a mermaid?" 

"No. I've never even met one," I say to her. 

"Turn around," she says demandingly. 

I look at her and for some reason I trust hr. I turn around she gasps. I turn right back around and see she has her hands over mouth. 

"You're...you're my...soulmate," she says taking her hands off her mouth. "But you're not a mermaid. How did you get to this beach if you're not a mermaid."

"There is a cave right back there," I say pointing to it. "My friend and I hid the entrance so no one would know this place besides her and I."

"Oh, thank Poseidon." 

I look at her confused and say "Are...you a mermaid?"

"Yeah, I am," she says to me. 

"Then how do you have...legs?" 

"All mermaids can have legs and walk among the humans," she says to me. "But the minute we touch water again, we turn right back into our mermaid form." 

I look at her for a minute before asking "Can humans become mermaid?" 

"Yeah, of course. It just takes a few more steps."

I search for words to say for a minute before a I say "Could you make me a mermaid?" 

"Yeah, of course, come with me," she says taking my hand and heading to the water. "Stay here a minute, I'll be right back." 

After she says that she heads into the water and dives, her feet still being feet. A minute later she comes back up and gives me a handful of seaweed. "Eat this," she says to me.

"I am not eating seaweed," I say to her. 

"Well I guess you don't want to be part mermaid." 

I look at her and then to the seaweed and cringe before I put it in my mouth. I don't feel any different then I did before and I don't have a tail so I say "What did that do?"

"It allows you breath, see, and talk under water, but you don't have a tail just yet. I think you might want to take your pants off, it's kinda hard."

I get out of the water and take my sweatpants and tank top off. I then get back in the water take Ondine's hand. She leads me off the shore and to the deeper part of the ocean. I decide to keep my head above water until we are far enough from the shore. 

Once we are far enough, I go under keeping my eyes closed because it's just a habit. 

"What are you doing?" she says to me. 

I open my eyes and let my breath out. "Sorry, I guess I'm not used to breathing underwater,"I say sarcastically.

She looks at me with a hurt expression and I say "Sorry." Why did I say sorry. I look down and her tail and it is magnificent. 

I stare at it for a minute in awe before she says "You like it?" 

I look back up her face and she smiling.

"Yeah," I say to her. "What...type...are you?" I ask unsure if mermaids had types or not. 

"Well, I'm actually a type of mollusk. I blue glaucus atlanticus. That's why I'm so small."

I keep on looking at her tail in awe. It's so beautiful. 

"What type do you think I'd be?" I blurt out without giving it a second thought. 

She looks at me and says "Maybe...a moon jellyfish. They have this thing in them that makes them bioluminescent. I don't know, I just think that you might be a jellyfish."

"Well, anyways, are we gonna go?" I say looking at her. 

"Yeah, grab my hand," she says putting her hand out. 

I grab onto it and we dive deep. We don't go to fast but just fast enough. 

"So umm," I say, trying to make small talk. "Do you really think we are soulmates or whatever?" 

She looks back at me and says "Well, the hair says so, so I guess it must be true." 

I smile and say "You know, even though people have said that mermaids are real and have had sightings of them, I thought it was too good to be true."

"Really?" she says as she keeps swimming. 

"Well, when I was little I did believe the tales of there being extra-ordinary people, like people that could fly, people with superhuman abilities but once I got to be 11 or so, I guess I just stopped believing because I had never met anyone like that or seen it." 

"Well, do you believe now?" 

"Yeah, I guess I can believe now." 

We keep on swimming until we reach what looks like a wrecked ship. Outside of the big open hole in the ship is a mermaid with almost the same tail as Ondine except it was a silvery grey color. SHe had her arms crossed and a mad expression on her face. I don't think she noticed me by her tight glare at Ondine. 

"Ondine," she says. "Where were you?"

"Well, you see I went to the surface and looked at the moon but then...this human found me so I drought her down here," she says as she pulls me from behind her. 

The older one looks at me and smiles and says "Hello, I'm Ondine's sister, Othello. She was supposed to be here an hour ago." 

"Yeah but...it's a full moon tonight and it's SO pretty," she says to Othello. 

Othello gives Ondine a stern look before turning to me and smiling. She says "I've never met a human before. It's very nice to meet you." 

I reach out my hand and say "It's very nice to meet you, too."

------------------------------------

Second chapter. I hope you enjoy it.