Betrayal

"How could you?!" I was startled from my sleep by a shrill shriek. I looked up at Kelsey and the rest of our little crew and realized that Ashton still had me in his arms. I scrambled to my feet which woke him in the process.

"It's not what you think!" I said. "I swear"

"So you weren't sleeping with my boyfriend?" she snapped.

"Well uh I was technically but not 'sleeping' with him. He was comforting me after I was crying" I pleaded with her to believe me.

"How convenient!" she yelled. She stormed out of the room and ash followed her. The rest of the group stared at me.

"What?!" I screamed. They quickly dispersed except for bri and Luke. "Nothing happened. Go away"

"This is my room" bri sighed.

"I paid for it so" Luke shrugged. I looked at them in disbelief.

"Fine. i'll leave then" I growled. I knocked on my moms door and she opened instantly. She pulled me into a hug and led me inside. "I don't want to talk about it"

"I understand baby, get some sleep" she smiled lovingly. I curled up into a ball facing away from her so she wouldn't see my tears. The soft sobs wracked my body before I fell into a restless sleep.

*beep beep beep*

I opened my eyes and heard my mom slap the alarm. The clock read 9:00 am. I moaned and pulled the covers over my head.

"Oh no, we have to get up. Breakfast on the beach, remember?" she tore the blanket off of my body. I sighed and rolled from the bed onto my feet. I changed into shorts and a tank top before grabbing my phone. No calls or texts. Whatever. "Ready honey?"

"As ill ever be" I groaned. We met up with everyone else down on the beach. It was deathly silent. The tension in the air was thicker than this weird breakfast soup. I noticed that ash and Kelsey weren't there. I looked at bri who just shrugged.

"I need to use the restroom" my mother excused herself and left us all in awkward silence. Ash and Kelsey finally showed up, hand in hand.

"Good morning" I tried smiling at her. She didn't say anything. "Kelsey?"

"I'm not speaking to you!" she snapped. My jaw dropped in shock.

"You forgave him but not your best friend?!" I asked in disbelief. "So much for friendship"

"You're the one who slept with him" she growled.

"He's just as guilty as I am which neither of us are because nothing happened!!!" I yelled. People started to stare. I jumped up from the table. Luke grabbed my arm but I pulled it away.

"Sit down" bri said.

"No I'm leaving. All I do is cause problems so ill just alleviate the issue" I said with a single tear escaping down my cheek. I rushed from the table back to my room. I can't do this anymore.