Ghanith ~Date Night~

Ghastly Bespoke was a multi-talented man. He could box, sew, breed dogs, and had a decent knowledge of magic sigils and elemental magic. But if there was one thing he could not do, it was cook.

And yet there was in his kitchen, cursing as he dropped the red-hot lasagna pan and sucked on his burnt finger.

This was stupid.

Cooking was stupid.

He was stupid for even trying, when he could just pop some store-bought lasagna in the microwave and get on with more important things.

But no, she'd probably know if it was store-bought. It just wouldn't have the same....feeling as homemade lasagna.

Besides, Fletcher (being the absolute genius that he is) had gotten the bright idea to microwave a bar of soap on a paper plate, so defrosting wasn't really an option.

After applying some Polysporin to his burn, Ghastly ran upstairs to get changed. He tore through his wardrobe, searching desperately for something half-decent to wear.

He looked at his watch and bit his lip. Five minutes to six. It wouldn't be long now.

Finally, he settled on a scratchy brown sweater-vest and a red bow tie. Practically tripping down the stairs, he grabbed his best plates and went to set the table.

Or tried to.

In five seconds, he had managed to trip on a loose floorboard; sending the plates crashing to the ground.

He swore, and ran to the cupboard. All he had left were paper plates.

Desperate times called for desperate measures.

He had just put the lasagna on the table when- much to his horror- the doorbell rang.

He sprinted up the stairs, practically ripping his room apart.

Where the hell did he put that stupid hairbrush?!

After realizing that he neither had nor would ever need a hairbrush, Ghastly ran back downstairs and answered the door.

Tanith Low smiled at him, her blond hair pulled back in a simple bun.

Ghastly's heart nearly stopped. The way her eyes sparkled when she looked at him could have killed him right then and there.

Maybe if he was lucky, it would. Then the embarrassment of his burnt and Sahara-dry lasagna wouldn't do him in instead.

"Ummm...." he mumbled, cheeks turning red. "...Hi."

"Hi." She replied in her sweet, beautiful British accent.

Taking a deep breath, Ghastly straightened his bow tie and welcomed her inside.