Funeral

-Matthew's Pov-

-2 Days Later-

It was finally the day we had to go to my dad's funeral. I sat up in bed and turned to wake up Johnny. "Babe, we gotta get ready." I said as I shook his arm. He just groaned and went into the bathroom. I got up and walked over to the dresser and got out a black button up, a red tie, black skinny jeans, and my red converses. I looked over at the mirror and styled my hair with a comb. Johnny came into our room and changed into the same thing as me but with a white tie and white converses. "Ready?" He looked over and asked. "Yep. Let's go." I said and took his hand and walked out and got in our black car. We got there and I saw my Aunt and a lot of other people I didn't know by looking at them. We walked over to Kathy, "Should I know these people?" I asked. "No, your father never made an effort for you to meet them. Your mother had made an effort to get you to meet some of them back when you were younger. I'm surprised some of them even found out". Just as she finished that sentence a shorter girl with brown short curly hair and sparkling blue eyes walked over. "Hey sis." the girl said. "Oh this is your aunt Delilah. She is my sister. And this is you nephew Matthew and his boyfriend Johnny." Kathy said. "Oh wow Matthew you have grown so much. And you have a nice, handsome boyfriend. Last time I saw you you were only 1 or like 2 years old." She said and ruffled my hair. "Yeah, that would probably explain why I don't remember you or anyone else.  Are there any more aunts or uncles that I should know." "Yeah, on your dad's side. You have your uncle Ben over there. Aunt Susan and her husband Joe. I don't know where they are." Delilah said while pointing at people.  "Well, I'm going to go say some last words." I said and then walked over to his casket. He was super pale and had more gray hair than he did before and more wrinkles. "I know I wasn't really your son. But thank you for making me the tough son that you always wanted. I mean I'm not the strongest man and in fact I actually am not that strong. But I am strong emotionally. I might not have of lived up to your expectations but at least I'm not dead. If you wouldn't of killed me first then I probably would of done it on my own. I know that you were a better person when mom was alive but when she died and you were left with a kid that wasn't yours. When she died you were super depressed and got into alcohol and you already had a cigarette problem. I'm sorry that I was born and caused you all of this depression. I love you." I started to cry. Johnny walked over hugging me pulling me away but I broke out and ran back over to my dad. "I'm sorry that I'm gay." Johnny just stood there in awe. "Did you just apologize?" "Yeah and I can't be with you you're a guy. I have to be with a girl. I'm not going to date a guy that is discussing." "What?" I ran off into our car and started to ball. I didn't want to live up to everyone else's standards I had to live up to his. Johnny walked out looking in the car window for a moment before he opened the door. "What was that about?" He asked and sat down in the car. "The death got into my head. I started to think I had to live up to his standards. I'm sorry, I love you." I leaned in to kiss him and he kissed back. "You meet everyone else's standards and that is all that matters. You don't need to be perfect to him cause your perfect to me and everyone else. We love you." He said and pulled me in for a hug. He was right, he wanted me to be something I'm not. But everyone else loves me for me.

The funeral was over and Johnny and I were at home with all the new aunts and uncles I needed to meet. They were all so nice we learned a lot about them. Ben told me that dad used to be the nicest guy ever. Delilah told me about mom. They said that she was short and had a face like mine but her eyes were greener than mine. She also said mom had long brown curly hair. I don't remember mom and how nice she was, she is just a faded memory. No matter how hard I try to remember I just can't, nothing comes to my mind. "I have a picture of her. If you want to see it." Delilah said. She pulled out her phone and pulled up the picture of my mom. She was beautiful, she was wearing a nice dress and some white high heels she had long brown hair that was curled at the end due to her trying to straighten it. I still couldn't remember anything but it made me happy now knowing what she looked like.

Everyone left and Johnny was already in bed, so I was left alone. I sat on the couch and watched some tv until I fell asleep.