fifty four.

3 years later

Laura's POV

The early September sunlight broke in through my bedroom window and the warmth of Isabella's body beside mine instantly brought an overwhelming sense of comfort over me. Our eyes locked together and we both grinned at one another. "Good morning angel." I whispered, gently pulling a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear.

"Good morning mommy." She whispered back, letting out a yawn. She held her arms above her head and began to giggle. "Breakfast time!"

I smiled. "Go and ask Nona to make you some. Mommy has to get ready."

Isabella climbed out of bed and steadily headed out of the bedroom door. She was now four and a half years old and she'd grown and learnt so much after such a short period of time. Ross and I couldn't have been any more proud of her if we'd tried. "Nona!" Isabella called out.

"What is it honey?" My mom yelled back in response.

"Brekkie!" Isabella shouted, clapping her hands excitedly together.

Brekkie was Isabella's new word to refer to breakfast. It also happened to be her favourite meal of the day, probably because I always gave her so much milk and pancakes.

My mom appeared at the top of the staircase and opened the baby proof gate for Isabella to step into her arms. "Good morning sweetie! It's the big day today!" My mom said excitedly to me as she closed the baby gate once more and carried an overly hyper Isabella downstairs with her.

I sat upright in bed and inhaled deeply. My eyes wandered to the calendar on the wall and I could feel my heart beating noisily in my chest. September the third, aka, mine and Ross' wedding day.

I'd been so prepared and excited for the months building up to our wedding day, in fact, I'd barely stopped talking about it. But now that it was finally here I was feeling anxious and kind of terrified. The minute I arrive at that chapel and begin to walk down the aisle I was going to become Laura Lynch and I'd never be Laura Marano again.

My phone buzzed on the nightstand beside me and I smirked to myself when I realised who was calling. I unlocked my phone and held it closely to my ear, leaning back on the bed with a grin on my face. "It's bad luck to communicate with the bride before the wedding you know?"

Ross chuckled hoarsely down the phone. "Oh well, that's a risk I'll have to take. How are you beautiful?"

"I'm a little nervous." I said honestly. I twirled a piece of my unbrushed hair around my finger and bit my lip awkwardly. "Are we both sure about this?"

"I'm ready for you to become my wife now, Laura. I've wanted this since I was eighteen."

I couldn't help but smile shyly to myself. There was something so attractive about a person knowing what they want in a relationship and where they want it to go in the future.

"I love you." I murmured. I was grinning from ear to ear. In a few hours I was going to be Ross Lynch's wife and our family would finally be official.

"I love you more baby." He replied. I could feel tears forming in my eyes as the realisation of becoming someone's wife seemed to finally settle into my brain. "I'll see you later okay?"