(Teldryn Sero) Bard From Morrowind

Art is from deviantart by Sanguithar
————
The Retching Netch inn was quieter than it usually is. There was no brawling, no drunken screaming or any of those nonsense. It seemed like the sound of wood breaking under tremendous heat of fire was the only noise now. Teldryn Sero, the mercenary was staring at the fire, the dance of the flames consuming and surrounding the kindle. It was hypnotic to watch, if he were to look deeply into this burning fire's meaning, he would only see Morrowind during the eruption of Red Mountain. The entire land was consumed by the wrath of the mountain's flames, the horrors of it all will be eternal in the minds of those who were able to escape. It is depressing, Teldryn didn't look at the fire any longer and glanced around his surroundings for a bit.
While the mercenary was lost in his musings, a bard had entered the inn. Looking around for the innkeeper. A young woman in her mid to late twenties, had long hair for a dark elf and a rather jolly expression on her face.
The young woman looked at the mercenary momentarily, Teldryn cleared his throat as if sujamma causing it and looked away, the woman wanted to ask something but she saw the stairs leading to a lower floor. The bard went downstairs in search of the innkeeper.
"A bard? Here in Solstheim..." Teldryn sighed "next we will have dancing netches" judging the rather miserable state of Solstheim, it was surprising to Teldryn to see a bard. What is there to sing about in misery, as they say.

After a few moments, the bard emerged from the stairs and walked to a corner of the sitting area. Teldryn wouldn't lie, he was curious to hear what song she had to sing or music to play. The bard fiddled with the old lute for a while before she started playing a music.
It seemed odd for a few moments, not really in tune, but then it slowly became peaceful and a little cheerful to hear. Teldryn would guess she was playing the song about Skyrim's war, and he was right. The mercenary didn't really mind, a little music was something he would appreciate right now. Especially if it was being played by a beautiful woman then he has his own corner of heaven right here, figuratively speaking.
Singing after the war, she sang about the glory of Dragonborn and then to rest her voice, she began to play a music on her lute.
Teldryn noticed that it wasn't a music from Skyrim, it was a tune from Morrowind. However, she played in a very odd way, so many mistakes and off tunes, almost unrecognizable if he didn't know the song very well. The mercenary couldn't help but say something
"Hey bard" he called "is that a mix of the two songs you were singing?" Teldryn sarcastically said
"I'm surprised that as a dunmer, you don't recognize your own home's tune" she replied, annoyed
"If it's played that bad, none would recognize it... do me a favor and bring the lute here" Teldryn asked.
Hesitating for a moment, she walked over to the mercenary's table and stretched out her hand holding the lute.
Teldryn took the lute from her, she pulled up a chair and sat beside him, curiously looking at what tune he might conjure up.
Teldryn didn't really play music, not after he left Morrowind, he wasn't quite sure of how his musical skills were.
"Let's see" he fiddled with the lute strings, creating small tunes before he slowly began to play the music that the bard was playing. Only there were no off tunes and less mistakes in the notes this time.
The bard listened to Teldryn as he played the music, mesmerized by the tune. While Teldryn just closed his eyes and heard the music he played, remembering his home before the events of Red Mountain.

After the music ended, Teldryn turned his gaze towards the bard "and that was the song of Morrowind" he said, laughing a little
"I was absolutely lost" the bard replied "thank you for the music, I didn't have any idea how beautiful it was" she giggled
"I should thank you for letting me play this, I got to remember the beauty of my home" Teldryn said, smiling
"If you don't mind me asking" she looked at Teldryn "can you teach me that tune?" she requested
"I'm no bard but sure... I'll teach you what I know, what's your name?" Teldryn asked
"(Y/n), sera" she replied smiling
"Alright then (y/n), let's play the familiar tune again" Teldryn smiled and began to play the tune again, (y/n) being eagerly and fondly listening the tune...