Green Eyes, White Lies ~ Ch. 6

"Are you sure you're okay?" Ben asked.

"Yeah, it was two days ago," I shrugged. "It really wasn't a big deal, I was just mad at the time," I told him yet another white lie, "I was just upset cause he knows I have a boyfriend, but he's young and just got the wrong idea."

"So long as he doesn't try it again," Ben said, "So are you at the Ranch?"

"No, I'm not staying there anymore, couldn't deal with the Alpha Beta Delta crew," I laughed, "I'm staying at Jack's."

"You are?" Ben asked in a concerned voice, "It that really the best option? What about Stephanie?"

"Rach is already crashing on Steph's couch right now," I told him, "Her boyfriend just dumped her and kicked her out of the apartment. You're not concerned about me staying at Jack's place, are you?"

"No," he quickly offered, "Not at all. I trust you."

"Good," I smiled.

"So are you there right now?" he asked.

"No," I laughed, "I'm at the airport waiting for his plane to get in. Monica didn't have anything planned today so I'm free from all the wedding stuff."

"Thankfully or else I don't know how I would have gotten home," I heard a voice behind me say.

I flipped around with a huge grin on my face, "Ben, I gotta go, he actually just got here."

"Have fun," he glumly said, then he added, "I love you," but I was already closing the phone.

I squealed then wrapped my arms around my best friend, "Oh my god, how long have you been in New Zealand?"

"A year," he pondered, "Why?"

"Cause," I laughed, "I could hear it a bit on Skype, but here in person, you look and sound like the crocodile hunter." He wore a stained white undershirt with a khaki vest that matched his shorts. Oh his feet he wore hiking boots with socks just a little too high. His golden hair was long and matted looking with tangles everywhere and he looked like he hadn't shaved in days.

"And just what is wrong with that?" he questioned.

"As your best friend and a fashion designer," I started, "When you're out in the field, probably nothing, but when you're not, everything. So I have just thrown out today's itinerary and decided the only thing we are doing today is giving you a make over."

Jack rolled his eyes, "Would it be of any use to argue?"

"No," I smiled, "Resistance is futile so you can let me help you or you can let Monica when you show up to be in her wedding." Jack took a long ragged breath as he thought about it. "Your choice, frat boy prep or, well, whatever I feel like today."

"I guess whatever you put me in will always beat frat boy," he sighed, "And the budding biologist look isn't going over well in the airport."

"Wait till you step outside the airport," I laughed as I grabbed one of his bags.

* * *

"Sit back down!" I angrily said.

"No," Jack yelled, "That hurt!"

"It wouldn't hurt if you'd, oh I don't know, brushed your hair even once in New Zealand!" I bluntly told him.

"Fine," Jack spat as he sat back down. I gently tried to pull the comb through his hair again. "Ow, ow, ow," he started.

I sighed, pulling the comb out. "This isn't working." I looked at it for a moment. "I'll be right back," I ran upstairs and grabbed my detangler and a pair of scissors from the bathroom. As I walked back into the kitchen, I looked Jack straight in the eye, "You trust me, right?"

Jack nodded, "Yes."

"Okay," I said as I set the detangler on the counter. Taking a churnk of his hair that was tangled into a rat's nest, I pulled it away from his neck, took the scissors, and clipped. When he didn't freak out, I kept clipping until there was nothing below his ears. After I washed his hair in the sink and towel dried it, I sprayed in the detangler and began working the comb through, this time with more ease than before. "Better?"

"Much," he smiled at me as I finished the last section. I picked up the scissors and began styling. I left the length about mid-ear and cut it shaggy, layered, and feathered.

Jack walked away to look in a mirror while I swept up the floor. "You know," he smiled as he walked back in, "If you weren't styling clothes, I'd tell you to go into the hair business."

"Yeah, I'm pretty awesome," I grinned, "Now go upstairs, shave, and put on the jeans we got you." He started up the stairs and I followed, going into his room and digging through the shirts we'd hung in his closet, finally settling on a semi tight v-neck that was solid green.

Jack walked in, clean shaven and wearing the jeans we'd picked at the mall. His bare chest and his six pack stomach made him look like an model, except he had a heart tattoo just like mine on his chest. As our eyes met, I felt my heart skip a beat and I quickly looked at the shirt in my hands. "Here," I said handing it to him and turning back to the closet.

"How do I look?" he asked. I turned around and smiled. The shirt hugged him just right, showing he was fit without showing everything and the color brought out his eyes. I felt my stomach do flips in a way I'd never felt before.

"You look good," I said, taking in a deep breath, "But I'm not finished with you yet," I added as I handed him the thin black jacket and a pair of converse.

"Why do I feel like I just walked off stage at one of those concert you drag me to?" Jack questioned as he sat on the edge of the bed to put his shoes on.

"I don't know," I laughed, "Cause your pants aren't tight enough for that."

"Not cause you didn't try," he noted, rolling his eyes.

"Oh come on," I said, "You looke great. I'll be right back." I grabbed a bag and went into the bathroom. There I put on a pair of skinny jeans, my black converse, and a long green sleeveless tunic with a black studded belt over it. I opened the door to the bathroom as I ran a flat iron through my hair, straightening back the few waves that had formed since I worked on it earlier. I gelled it out to get kind of a rocker look going and added some green eyeliner and a black leather studded bracelet.

"Ready!" I called as I unplugged the flat iron.

"About time," Jack laughed as he turned the corner into the bathroom, then stopped, "Wow," he just looked at me for what seemed like an eternity until I looked away.

"Do you not like it?" I asked.

"No," gulped Jack, "You look like you just walked out of a magazine... only prettier."

I blushed, "Come on," I changed the subject, "To the bar!"

"The only one in town?" he asked skeptically.

"Hell no!" I replied.

"What's wrong with the bar in town?" he asked with a smirk, awaiting my answer.

"Nothing," I shrugged, "If you like Cheers on steroids." I started singing the cheers theme song.

Jack shuddered at the thought. "Fine, where are we going?"

"Where do you think?" I half asked with a smile on my face.

___________________________________________________________

Ok, Ch. 7 will be up later this week! Please comment, vote, ect.