Chapter 12

When I appeared in the Tsuki- Ōkami Forest, I popped up right in front of a huge wolf! Like, tailed beast size! And I was a human again! (For those who don't remember what Kira looks like, a pic of her is at the beginning of Chapter 5) As I looked up at the giant wolf in front of me, I noticed that he/she was staring at me, bug-eyed.

"How did you get here?" He asked me. His voice was too deep to be a girl's.

"I did a summoning jutsu without signing a scroll first and showed up here." I answered, staring at him in awe.

"Come, I have to take you to the Alpha. Honestly, I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do with you. We haven't seen a human since we agreed to become summoning animals. Everyone just stuck with their parent's summons."

I followed him, asking questions as I went. "So, what's your name?"

"My name is Tatsuo. I'm the leader of the warriors in the pack."

"What's the name of the pack? How many members does it have? If you guys are summons, can you teach me Sage Jutsu?" I asked several more questions, but he didn't want to answer just yet.

"I'll answer your questions later. For now, I have some questions of my own. Will you answer them?"

"If it'll show you that I'm trustworthy, I'll answer the best I can."

"To start with, what's your name?"

"I'm Kira!"

"What clan do you belong to?"

"As far as I know, I don't belong to one."

"Oh, so you have no pack?" He asked next, seeming depressed by the thought.

"In a way, I do. I consider my friends and my adopted family my pack, as well as some people I haven't met in person yet."

He cheered up, but seemed confused by the last part. I've seen many people on the show, and wanted to protect and meet most of them (not Danzo, who I'd probably have to meet at some point in time), but haven't met them in person yet. Like Lady Tsunade and Shizune and maybe even Tatchi (Itachi). The last one was kind of far fetched. I probably wouldn't see him at all. Gaara doesn't meet him. But I do look up to him and will keep on hoping.

Tatsou didn't have time to ask me what I meant, however, because we had arrived in front of a huge den in the base of a tree. He led me in, stopping in front of another wolf just as big as Tatsou. 

This wolf was a lot older than either of us, I could tell just by looking at him. All of his fur was either grey or white, and he was starting to lose the fur around his muzzle. His eyes were starting to gloss over, like he was starting to go blind, but it was worse in his left eye than his right one. When he saw me, a smile lit up his face.

"So, you've returned, little Kaida. I was hoping I would live long enough to see this day." He said in a rough and cracked voice.

"What are you talking about? I've never been here before."

"I may be old, but I remember your smell and eyes distinctly. There is no question. You are Kaida, but several years older than I last saw you. Your father used to bring you here every week. You liked to play with the pups."

I stared at him in shock. My eyes? There was nothing special about them. But how could he know my father? I didn't remember anything about him, and my mother had told me he died before I was born.

"My father died before I was born, and my eyes are completely normal. No offence, but I don't think I'm who you think I am."

He stared at me sadly, like he had just lost someone dear to him. Guiltily, I looked down. I hadn't meant to make him so sad. I was just confused. He sighed, then started talking to Tatsuo, too quiet for me to hear what they were saying. Tatsuo ran off shortly after that.

"I'm sorry for trouble. It seems you have forgotten all of this. Oh well, I guess it is for the best. Sadly, I can't tell you about your father, as it is likely that he is the one who erased your memory. But, I can teach you about your eyes. You see, you have a unique Kekkei Genkai, a Dojutsu that only you have. It has already manifested itself, so I don't understand why you do not know about it."

"Well, until I appeared here, I was a wolf pup. Would that have anything to do with it?" 

I was completely and utterly confused. What in the world is going on? I would learn everything I can from this wolf, who knows me though I don't know him.

"Ah, that explains it. As a wolf has no dojutsu abilities, no one, not even you yourself, would be able to see the difference between your eyes and someone else's. You are still able to use it's abilities, even with this, because the of the blood that runs through your veins."

At this time, Tatsuo can running back with something in his mouth. He set it down facing me, and it was then that I saw it was a mirror. As I looked at myself, I saw no big differences. I hadn't aged a bit while I was a wolf. I was still my normal 17 year old self. But then, I saw my eyes. They were still the same shade of green, but had three black lines in them. I gasped, walking closer to see them better. I looked up at the old wolf, my eyes full of questions.

"Do you know what they do? And how did I get them?"

"I'll answer the second question first. You gain the first stage when you see someone die for the first time. It lets you copy jutsu, much like the sharingan. If you see a jutsu done in any of the five elements, or have previously seen one done, you can do it as well. It will take practice to get perfect, but you will be able to perfect it eventually. However, you cannot copy Kekkei Genkai elements yet. That comes with the second stage. You can also see through genjutsu and copy taijutsu, the later of which the sharingan cannot do."

My mind was whirling with this information. I can copy taijustu and elemental ninjutsu. I can see through genjutsu. I will be able to use Ice style, crystal style, boil style, and other Kekkei Genkai later. And I had watched Naruto and seen almost every Kekkei Genkai and Kekkei Tota there is. I for sure would be able to stay on par with Sasuke and Naruto.

"Hey, do you think I'll still be a human in the other realm after I leave here?" I needed to know.

"No, Kaida. The Tsuki-Ōkami Forest makes everyone who enters it show their true form. After you leave, you will revert back to being a wolf pup." Turning away from me, he spoke to Tatsuo. "Take her to a room so she can get some rest. I need to train her in her Dojutsu tomorrow, so she needs so be fully rested."

Tatsuo nodded, and started walking deeper into the den. This whole day had been full, and I was exhausted. We made it to a room with the floor covered in animal furs.

"This is were you'll sleep. Goodnight!"

He started walking off, but I called for him to wait. "Can you have one of the wolves here relay a message to someone back home for me?"

"Of course. Who do you want to send the message to, and what is it?"

"Can you tell Gaara of the Sand that Kira is safe, but is training and won't be able to come back for a few weeks. Please reasure him that I will make it back in time for the final stage of the Chunnin Exams."

"I'll make sure the message is sent out right away." After Tatsuo left, I went to bed, sleeping human for the first time in years.