Better than Revenge

Living in Bradford, UK was very hard. Here in Bradford everyone was rich, so every where you looked all you could pretty much see was stupid little winy rich girls asking their dad's for money. Luckily my mom raised me better, and I couldn't ask my dad for money since I never got the chance to meet him. He passed away from cancer when I was two.

Me and Zayn Malik were best friends since we were in middle school. When you're bullied for being 250 lbs at 5”6 it can build a friendship with someone whose being bullied for being the nerdiest kid in school. But that didn't matter to us, we became each others best friend, each others support.

In the summer of '08 Zayn and his family went to California for his cousin's wedding. So for that whole summer I just stayed at home doing whatever I could find to do.

August 21, 2007.

“Hey, go outside, we're here” I ended the call, took my bag, and made my way outside. I found the Malik's Mercedes Benz and got inside. Since middle school, Zayn and I have always carpooled. This week was his family's turn to drop us off.

“Have a good day at school you too” I nodded and said a quick 'bye' to his parents. When I finally got out of the car I stared at my best friend.

What a summer could do to a person. His whole style changed, his baggy pants were traded in for skinny jeans. His button-up collared shirts were traded in for a v-neck and a varsity jacket. His tennis shoes were traded in for vans. And his glasses were replaced with contact lens, and his hair filled with hair products.

“Wow Zayn, you look great” he simply laughed.

“Yeah, my cousins back in California decided to give me a make-over. What do you think?”

“You look really good, it's different, but I like it” he wrapped his arms around my shoulder and we walked into the hallways.

After hours of Calculus, English, and Spanish it was finally lunch. I sat down on an empty table and started eating a french fry.

“You should really try a salad, eating that french fry isn't going to help your weight” I rolled my eyes at the stupid comments the skinny girls made. I had my mentality, 'If we were to have an apocalypse and there was no more food, I would last longer than them'.

“ANDI ANDI ANDI! GUESS WHAT?!” I jumped a little from being surprised by Zayn.

“You finished the homework for Calculus already?”

“NO! You know that group on school, the Delta Zeta?” I simply nodded, he really wanted to tell me what happened.

“Well, they chose me to be one of the freshman they're going to initiate into the group. Andi, only three guys from each grade get to be in this group. Do you know how lucky I am I got chosen. Who would've thought I'd be chosen to be part of Delta Zeta? Me? The nerdy kid who everyone copied off of” I laughed at the last part, it was true, people always wanted to sit next to him during tests.

“I'm really happy for you, but don't they do the whole hazing/initiation thing?” he nodded.

“Yeah, I'm not looking forward to that, but at least in the end I'll be part of Delta Zeta, THE most popular group in high school” I smiled, I tried to be supportive of his choice to be part of Delta Zeta. From what I heard, they were the biggest douche bags in school, but yet everyone loved them. That is what confused me the most about high school.