Diamond Dagger, Chapter 2

Humabon rushed his birddrake forward, knocking off a bandit that was approaching the formation. The fearless rider dove deep in the bandits left flank, lowering his grand gold shield just enough to smash at least two bandit's faces with their spears as well. He then bashed his shield to brush away the stunned fellows. Then, I saw his birddrake grab an enemy with its humungous beak while the paladin jumped out of his ride. The birddrake flew the moment Humabon got off of it, taking with it the poor bandit that was grabbed by the large creature. Humabon flipped in mid-air, gaining momentum. As he readied to land, he positioned his shield as if he would smash the shield to the ground. When he landed, we felt a large thud and saw the land itself form some cracks - enough to stagger all of us. 

Back on those days, my father always told me of how glorious a paladin fights when he is out there in the battlefield, swinging his mighty sword and tearing through enemy ranks as if they were paper. It's almost as if nothing can touch him, while his shield destroys everything it touches. Broken skulls, torn joints, cracked bones, and twisted agonies of the feeble combatants followed shortly after Humabon charged into the fray, bashing with his shield, then finishing the stunned enemies with either his sword or with a punch, or even a head-butt. I never thought that I would see such a performance in reality until now. Humabon is just nailing it, having almost annihilated thirty bandits so far, cutting a path towards the enemy's vanguard.

The bandits that were supposed to tear us apart limb by limb with their superior forces are now starting to shiver with fear because of one man. I heard orders from their chieftain.

"Volley down that golden bastard with your poisoned arrows!" He shouted to his right flank, which composed of archers as well. "NOOW!"

As commanded, the right flank commenced to pull out their bows to rain arrows down upon Humabon's location.

Alexander gasped and shouted. "Mister Humabon! W-watch out!"

"Let me take care of this, kid." The Daromelanian captain, one of the subordinates of Humabon calmed the prince.

"H-hey! Don't you speak to me like that!" He angrily replied to the captain.

"Oh, my apologies, Your Highness. I was just so focused on the battle." He gently apologized, then he proceeded to order his men. "Archers, strike down the right flank. The rest of the riders, follow me!"

The proud riders broke formation and prepared a V formation to attack the right flank just before they could draw their arrows.

The captain looked back at us. "Master Guardian, please take care of the prince."

I placed my right hand to my chest "I will, Captain. Go get them."

I was replied to by a positive nod from the captain.

We were left alone by the riders, for they charged the bandit archers as our own archers fired a volley on the right flank. It successfully hit three bandits, just enough to send panic as they were mowed down by the Daromelanian riders. The archers that survived the charged immediately left their bows and ran to safety. However, an unlucky one has just been spotted by Humabon's birddrake and was dragged up into the sky as well. Whoa, where did that bird come from?