Chapter 34

The lovely Easter holidays weren't all as lovely as I wanted them to be. I had never had so much homework.

Well, I mean I actually had to help Kiba.

Where the heck did he get all this wizarding knowledge from anyway?

But no one had nearly as much to do as Hermione. She refused help, and even without Divination, she was still taking more subjects than anyone.

She seemed so closed to tears one day that Ron took over Buckbeak's appeal.

I thought Hermione was going to kiss him, she was so relieved.

Kiba did too, apparently.

Harry had to fit his homework around Quidditch practice, which happened every day, which was making him cranky.

The match was against Slytherin, and Harry was constantly being tripped in the hallways and being followed by Crabbe and Goyle.

The night before the match, even Hermione couldn't concentrate, she was so nervous about it.

Ron's brothers were being as loud and obnoxious as ever.

"It's our way," George told me, "of dealing with the stress."

Of course most people slept terribly, they were so nervous.

I didn't sleep at all, but not because of Quidditch. I stayed up studying Flitwick's book he gave me, and practicing spells.

Hermione stayed up for a bit and watched me, amazed at how quickly I took to the spells. Eventually she dozed off, leaving me up with Griffin and Tiger.

Griffin watched quietly as Tiger did flips in the air. "Hey Tiger," I asked, "where did you learn to fly? I can't remember teaching you."

Tiger chirped, and Griffin translated. "Hippy griff." He said.

The next morning, I went to the stadium early in the morning just because I liked hanging out there.

Kiba came with me, but soon left after students started to arrive.

Ron and Hermione sat down next to me, and soon the teams were on the field.

Only the Slytherins weren't wearing scarlet.

I was wearing a scarlet scarf.

Madam Hooch blew her whistle, and the teams shot into the air.

I watched the air, watching the quick, flashing movements of the players, but soon the wave of dizziness came and I looked down.

The score eventually came to thirty to zero, Gryffindor in the lead.

It was rather confusing, Quidditch, but I knew what was going on at least.

Slytherin score, boo boo, no good.

Gryffindor score, yay, goodie goodie.

Score came to fifty to ten.

Sixty to ten.

As I watched, suddenly Malfoy had grabbed Harry's broom as he went after the Snitch.

Even Professor McGonagall was screaming at him.

I smiled.

Crap was happening before my eyes but it made me so dizzy I just relied on Ron's frantic screams for what was happening.

Suddenly Ron, in a fit of frantic joy, leaned over me and hugged Hermione so hard I heard her squeak, and then shouted, "WE'VE WON THE CUP!"

I pushed him away. "Chill." I said, but it was lost in the screams of the crowd.