"Football is a Man's Sport" My Derriere. (21)

I'm afraid this is the last chappie of the first book. *sniffs* I know! It's so sad! But you'll notice I'm closing up all the ends nicely...just to have a sequel focusing on our favorite character.

liz, of course!

It'll be daring! It'll be cute! It'll be...awesome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Van's POV: (yay!)

I slammed the door behind me and stomped to my father's study, holding a pack of ice to the side of my face. I knocked and then stepped in, shutting the door behind me. My dad didn't look up from his book. "You have some questions."

"Yes. Ya, I actually do." I growled.

"If want to know if I did it, the answer is yes. But if you want to know why..." He looked up, then slowly but a book mark in the place he was reading and set it on the desk. He took off his glasses and smirked at me. "I think you're smart enough to know that, son."

My voice sounded strangled. "No. I want you to tell me why you chose to do something as despicable as that."

"Easy. I hate them. Despise the little cretins." He picked up his book and looked at me. "Finished?"

Liz's POV:

Plink. Plink. Plink. PLINK. CRACK!

I jumped out of bed and, grabbing my baseball bat, ran to the window, ready to knock some heads off.

"Liz! It's me! Don't swing!"

I swung. "You!" I hissed, trying not to wake anyone up. Gabe'd probably beat the crap out of him with his cane. "What do you want? Do you not understand the words BANISHED FROM THE PROPERTY?"

"Look, look, I understand if you're mad--"

"If? IF? You nearly called me a whore, didn't believe me when the facts had been placed until your idiot nose and--oh my God! You broke my window! Van, you idiot!"

"Did I mention that I'm sorry?"

"Sorry doesn't cut it Van. And there had better be a good reason for you coming other than sorry."

He held up a bunch of papers and a tape recorder. "How about the evidence to sue my dad?"

"Nope. Not enough dude."

"I brought chocolate."

"What are you just standing there for? Come on up!"

~*~

"This is the day when we win! This is the day, when you all go home heroes!" My brother eyed me. "And this is the day, when we create history. Let's do this boys. And girl."

"And girl!" I cheered.

"Okay, Eagles on three. One, two, three--"

"EAGLES!" We all yelled. We ran out to the field and the crowd roared. I got in my place while Van and Tyler shook hands and the referee flipped a coin and caught it in the air. They got the kickoff. We all back up and Ryan caught it.

It started to rain. This, I could tell, was going to be an exciting game.

"Down, set, hike!" Ale hiked the ball to Tyler, who backed up. At three Mississippis he threw the ball to me. I took off, jumping over people until I was tackled from the side. I rolled and lay on the ground until he got off, then helped me up, grinning. "Hey Liz."