Chapter 12

(A/N.)

Upload! At 1:50 AM haha. I won't upload again until Thurseday, probably at night. Friday my dad is taking me to NYC! He said it was a gift I earned through my 'academic achievement.' We're taking a train and going to see Wicked. I'm excited ok. But anyway that means I won't be uploading Friday or Saturday, but I'll make up for it I promise. Anyway, random song on the side. Another cliffhanger, more drama ahead! Hopefully this book is getting good? Yes no maybe so? Anyway, comment, vote, fan, etc. Thank you all!

-Remmy<3

(Kendra's P.O.V.)

“Niall.” Mackenzie grinned cheekily. Niall blushed.

“And Niall you agreed to this?”

“Yeah..” Niall said, awkwardly.

I considered this plan for a bit. It sounded like it might work. But before we could put it into action, it had to be flawless. “Will Harry suspect anything?”

“Not if you guys act all couple-y.” Louis said, like it was nothing.

“And what does that mean?” I asked.

“Hold hands, hug, talk all romantic like, laugh together, kiss. Yenno, stuff that couples do.” Louis said.

I was pretty skeptical about the chances of this working, but if they didn’t, we could always fake break-up right? “Ok, I guess it’s worth a try.”

“Cool, Harry will probably come back sometime soon, so you and Niall should get out of the house. Go on a fake date, and then when you come home, pretend like you guys are boyfriend and girlfriend.” Liam pretty much told us our plans for the rest of the day.

I got dressed in a pretty casual outfit. Shorts and a Get scared t-shirt. I pulled on my converse and returned to Niall. Niall and I were supposed to just go to the mall or something. We drove off and the car ride was kind of awkward Once we got to the mall we just walked around the stores. We didn’t buy anything. After a bit we both got bored so we went to get ice cream. I got vanilla in a cup, but loaded on rainbow sprinkles. We walked around the park and sat on a bench to eat. About halfway through my ice cream a few children came up to me and asked me to play with them. I love kids, but I’m supposed to be on a date. I looked to Niall and he nodded his head in approval. I handed him my ice cream and ran off with the children.

After a bit the little girls wanted to braid my hair. I agreed, because who can say no to such beautiful little angels? The looked around 7 or 8. They braided my hair in one big braid. It was messy, but kind of cute in a way. I walked back to Niall and struck a pose.

“Like my hair?” I asked. The little children giggled and then their mothers collected them. We drove home but stopped for dinner. we just grabbed Micky D’s. I got a Mango Pineapple smoothie and chicken nuggets. Niall got..well, everything. It was dark by the time we got home. We pulled up and gave each other the “let’s do this’ face. He grabbed my hand and we walked in the front door.

“HEY GUYS HAVE A NICE DATE?” Louis said, obnoxiously loud. Harry then came down the steps. Not bad Lou.

“Yes it was amazing, and we have a little announcement to make.” Niall said. He lifted up our intertwined hands. “Kendra and I are dating.” Everyone came over to shower us in fake congratulations and compliments on our adorableness. Harry just looked shocked.

“You guys wanna pop in a movie?” Zayn offered.

“Sure.” We all made ourselves comfortable among the couches. Niall and I sat next to each other. We decided on watching Tangled. Thanks Mackenzie. I remember that me and Niall were ‘together.’ I snuggled up into him and noticed that Harry didn’t even see. Oh. I hope his plan will work.

After the movie we all stayed and chatted for a bit. “So Niall, since you and Kendra are now dating, let’s see a kiss.” Note to self, kill Louis later. He smirked. I felt a blush creep up to my cheeks. Harry gave Louis the dirtiest look ever. Mwaha, maybe this is working. Niall leaned down and gave me a peck on the lips. Nothing much. Harry got up and walked away.

Louis winked at us and we smiled. This is so working.

Unfortunately, the next day Harry invited his girlfriend over. Yippee. Now I get to meet her. Joy. He said she would come around three, and it was 11. I changed into a pair of denim shorts and my high school soccer t-shirt. I tied my hair up into a ponytail. Everyone went out to get lunch, but I told them I’d sit this one out. I’d been pretty busy the past few days, and thought some alone time would be nice. They said they’d be home by 3. I decided to spend the day reading. I pulled out my paper back version of ‘Duma Key’ by Stephen King. I hooked my Ipod up to Mackenzie’s IHome and played “It’s Not Over” by Secondhand Serenade. I sang as I read. I was really enjoying myself. My music played on shuffle for hours, and before I knew it it was 2:30pm. I put away my book and turned up my music, as if it wasn’t loud enough. “Viva La Vida” by Coldplay was playing. I sang at the top of my lungs. No one heard me, and it’s a little practice.

I used to rule the world,

Seas would rise when I gave the word,

Now in the morning I sleep alone,

Sweep the streets I used to own,

I waltzed around and danced, now I may be able to sing, but I definitely can NOT dance.

I used to roll the dice,

Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes,

Listen as the crowd would sing,

Now the old king is dead long live the king.

While I sang I decided to tidy up the kitchen a bit. Do the dishes and wipe the counters...

As the chorus began playing I heard a knock on the door. Way to ruin my favorite part. But that means that Mackenzie and the boys were home. I quickly dried my hands and cut of the music. I walked over to open up the door. Could they not open it themselves? I pulled the door open and stood there gaping. What was SHE doing here?