Prologue

Austin's P.O.V 

Sitting in a tree in the park is how I spend most of my days. Nothing ever happens and I'm fine with it. All my friends are busy, so I'm alone today. Usually someone keeps me company, but not today. It's not a big deal, I'm 13 years old, I can entertain myself.

Why am I sitting in a tree? It's fun. I can see the whole park from here, every little thing that happens. The most exiting thing that ever happened was a guy who fell in the fountain, but it's the thought that counts.

Suddenly some guy starts to whisper angrily under the tree, he's with another man arguing. They don't seem to notice me, so I decide to listen to what they're saying. That's not how my mother raised me, but I can't help myself.

'Your time is up, I need the money today.' The bald one says.

'Just give me a few more days, I'll have it by Friday.' The other one begs.

'I can't do that, you're leaving me no choice. I really didn't want to do this.'

The bald man looks around nervously, making sure nobody sees them. It's a quiet day at the park, maybe it's because it's only 5.00 A.M. I like going to the park early, looking at the sunrise and hearing the birds sing. O God, I sound like a girl right now.

I can hear a soft click and a person falling on the ground. The bald one puts something back in his pocket and walks away quickly. I take some pictures of him with my camera, including him putting away a gun.

As fast as I can, I run home and make my mom call the police. Within a few minutes the cops are in the park, looking at the dead body. One officer walks towards me and asks for the camera, I hand it to him.

'Thanks son, you did a great job. With these pictures we can identify the killer, would you mind coming to the office with me?'

'No, I don't.' I say, my voice trembling.

The cop takes me to the office and I need to tell him exactly what happened. After that, he gives me some water and tells me to stay in his office. It's a nice place, with paintings hanging on the wall behind his desk and one wall completely made out of glass.

Not very long after he left, the man comes back with a serious look on his face. This can't be good. He walks in and immediately sits down behind his desk. His chin resting on his hands.

'I have some bad news for you, kid. The guy you caught on camera is a very dangerous man, who somehow found out about you. You're not save here anymore. We need to put you in the witness protection program. You and your hole family.'

I nod slowly, not sure what to say. Does this mean I can't see my friends anymore, without saying goodbye? They're going to look for me, I'm sure. The cops probably already thought of that.

'We're going to make you disappear and move you to another country. You'll get a new name and can't say a word to anybody about this. Especially not your friends. We're going to fake your family's death.'

That's when my family walks in, my little sister looking very scared. She's only four, but it seems like she can feel the tension in the room. Victoria, my other sister, is seven, but she looks very calm, like she has everything under control. My mom and dad don't say a word and sit down next to me. Ally sits on mom's lap and puts her little arms around her neck.

'From now on, Miss Anderson. You're Lacey Stone, you just moved to Australia with your husband Zachery Stone. You have three children, named Jayden, Rachel and Gabriela Stone. You always wanted to move to Australia and it was a dream that came true when your husband got a job there. Do you understand? Here is a file, everything you need to know is in there, including your new drivers license and other paperwork.'

The man hands my mom a envelop and shakes her hand. My mom and dad stand up, so I do the same. My eyes travel from my mom to my dad to the police officer. Are we going right now? Flying to Australia?

'Good luck, a officer will bring you to the airport. You're bags are already packed and you're death is arranged. Remember not to talk to anybody about this.'

That's the beginning of my new life. My life full of lies and people who get hurt because of it...

--------------------------------------

That was the prologue of this story. Lately I have a lot of ideas for new stories, but at the same time a writers block with Gifted and Born in Prison. I'm trying, but nothing I write is good enough to be the next chapter. I'm sorry about that!

In the beginning of each chapter I'll write Austin's P.O.V, but if he introduces himself, it's Jayden, just to be clear. So I'll use two names for Austin.  The same for his hole family, of course... This prologue is five years back in time, so Austin is in this story 18 years old and of course he has changed. Nobody is exactly the same as they were five years ago.

Warning;  English isn't my official language, so I'm sorry if there are a lot of spelling and/or grammar mistakes. I'm trying hard not to make any mistakes, but I'm only human!