Chapter 17 Trapdoor, Here We Come

Chapter 17

It finally was exam time, and I was freaking out. I had been studying for months, but after our near run in with Vold- You-Know-Who I lost focus. Plus the sweltering hot classrooms didn't help my concentration.

For our written exams we were given special, new quills for the exams, which had been bewitched with an Anticheating spell. 

  We had practical exams as well. Professor Flitwick called them one by one into his class to see if we could use the Tickling Charm on him, and boy did he squeal when I cast my spell. I had him on the ground laughing like a hyena. Professor McGonagall watched us turn a beetle into a button — points were given for how pretty the button was, but taken away if it had antennas. Snape made them all nervous, breathing down their necks while they tried to remember how to make a Swelling Solution. 

 Harry seemed very nervous and tense, I didn't try to think about him and tried to focus on my studies. Though the thought of You-Know-Who scared me and made me lose focus I still tried studying every saingle moment that I could.

 My very last exam was History of Magic. One hour of answering questions about Warlock Conventions and what they did and we’d be free, free for a whole wonderful week until our exam results came out. When the ghost of Professor Binns told us to put down our quills and roll up our parchment, I couldn’t help but start up loud cheering. 

  I waited another hour for Harry, Ron, and Hermione to finish their History of Magic exam. We met up under a tree by the lake where we finally relaxed after the stressful week. The Weasley twins and Lee Jordan were tickling the tentacles of a giant squid, which was basking in the warm shallows. “No more studying,” Ron sighed happily, stretching out on the grass. “You could look more cheerful, Harry, we’ve got a week before we find out how badly we’ve done, there’s no need to worry yet.” 

  Harry was rubbing his forehead. More specifically he was rubbing his lightning shaped scar. 

 “I wish I knew what this means!” he burst out angrily. “My scar keeps hurting — it’s happened before, but never as often as this.” 

 “Go to Madam Pomfrey,” Hermione suggested. 

 “I’m not ill,” said Harry. “I think it’s a warning… it means danger’s coming…” 

I shrugged, and bit into my chocolate frog. "Perhaps it means you failed all your exams." I commented, still fretting about my exams. "That's danger for sure."

 Ron couldn’t get worked up, it was too hot for him. 

  “Harry, relax, Hermione’s right, the Stone’s safe as long as Dumbledore’s around. Anyway, we’ve never had any proof Snape found out how to get past Fluffy. He nearly had his leg ripped off once, he’s not going to try it again in a hurry. And Neville will play Quidditch for England before Hagrid lets Dumbledore down.” 

I gave Ron evil eyes, but he just looked interested in his candy. When will he learn that Snape didn't do a thing.

  Harry nodded, but he didn't look anymore relaxed. I was becoming bored with the talk of who's trying to get past Fluffy and what-not, so I decided to hangout with the twins and Lee Jordan. We decided to prank the Slytherins.

I had a brilliant plan to hex balloons so they filled with different pastes. Such as jams, paint, glue, clay, old mushy foods, you know those type of things. We headed down to the dungeons, it was decided I would lure the Slytherins out and then Fred, George, and Lee Jordan would drop the pastes from the stairs onto all of the Slytherins. As a big finale a ton of feathers would pour down after them causing everyone to look like a chicken.