Chapter Twelve.

Suddenly I wished I had stayed at school and minded my own damn business. I just couldn't and hell I probably never would. I didn't hate many people. The list was short, but I could say I hated Olivia, and there would be no hint of dishonesty. Something about her was very unsettled and that feeling spread from that girl to anyone she forced to be around her.

"Oh good God, what do you want now? Oliver should have never brought you home." She stared me down a little bit actually wanting to know. She kept herself between me coming in and I couldn't talk to her so I awkwardly turned back around. I still wondered why she faked being Oliver's girlfriend. I bet she knew what she was doing.

"Whose that out there?" Oliver's voice ran through and Olivia smiled smoothly. "Just a Mormon going door to door." She lied through her teeth before spinning around in her tight yoga shorts and top. She didn't expect Oliver to be right behind her by the time she answered and he looked at her unimpressed. Every one knows that Jehovah witnesses go door to door and I didn't appreciate her lying on them. They did nothing to her!

"Mary Jane is not a Mormon Olivia. Care to explain and by explain I mean leave." Olivia sent a mean look my way as she sauntered out of the room as if she were on a runway. Oliver reluctantly invited me in, soothing my thoughts about him being in danger, and we headed up to his room. He still wore his gym uniform and oddly enough I still had on Olivia's clothes, not like she noticed, but what had he been up to?

"Before you write anything I want to do something with you. I think it would really be amazing for you and me. I want to do it for you with you." Nothing he was saying made any sense. Then I blushed, I wasn't that kind of girl! I haven't proven myself lately being unable to resist Oliver's ways that made me smile, but I wouldn't be doing anything like 'it' any time soon. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Oliver had a questioning and unsure look that he have me. Okay, maybe a little bit of it.

"I want to help you talk." I choked on my spit causing my eyes to water terribly. "Wait just think about it. It's Oliver here. I'm not going to laugh at you. Look at me. I want to help you!" He smiled at me trying to be easy about it but he didn't understand. His eyes smiled in nervousness, he made me think that no one had ever said no to him before.

Talking was a bad subject and I'd be a bad combo if I could talk and have pink hair. People thought I was weird for not being able to talk and having pink hair. They'd think I was a bitch if I could talk! (Most things I keep to myself either not having time to write it or not wanting to ruin a moment.) Oliver's face turned to a grimace as I began to shake my head. I couldn't do that to him or myself.

"Look," He grabbed both my hands and looked into my eyes. I tried to look behind him or something but it was no use and I stared back. "I really want to help you. You know me Mary Jane." He went on.

But the more I thought on it I realized that I didn't know Oliver at all. I didn't have anyone telling me if he was just acting like this with me or was he really this way. He didn't come with a warning label. I knew next to nothing besides what he told me and all of that could have been lies. Whether he was lying or not I decided that I would need time. I wrote that down. And right beside it I asked him where he had been. I also paid attention to time because I was either going to check on my mom or going to group therapy.

I shook my head at him slowly trying to get him to realize that I did not know him. Sure I wanted to know his deep secrets and every bit of his past, not just the humour he had been feeding me, but everything Oliver had to offer in his mind and heart.

"So that's your answer. You just won't accept my help. What do I have to do Mary Jane?" His voice rose to a louder volume and I backed away. I didn't come here for an episode and I wasn't going to stay for it. I trotted downstairs ignoring everything. I shouldn't have done this. This awkward and rushed check in shouldn't have happened. We weren't that close and even though I wanted that, I didn't think I'd be getting it. I would just have to walk to wherever I needed to be.