Legend Of The Peacock Feather.

The digits in the clock shown 3:12pm and the drizzle mixed with some flurries tapered away. Except for the visibility around one cannot say where the sun was. The winter maybe mild, but the clouds crashed at each other in wildest, weirdest ways. It took sometime for me to get the snow and ice mixed with water that was turning to ice moved with the snow thrower. At last I got into the car and then a question came to my mind, which, I asked aloud.

“Where are you going?”

Then I said to myself “Go somewhere, anywhere, and everywhere” my usual mumble when I don’t know what I am doing.

Slow and steady I pulled the car out and started driving to almost no where in particular. I do that at times when I am confused or when I don’t get to the bottom of some poem I want to finish. When I was turning the corner into Silver Spring drive I looked the gauges to see what was the temperature and if I have gas in the car. There was enough gas the temperature gauge shown 35F. As the car was brand new the miles were 272.

I pulled over to connect my IPod correctly, because my car cannot find the IPod. Then I realized I don’t have the IPod with me. I said “Daang, stupid, stupid”.

“Just keep going you jack ass” I said aloud this time. I looked at the time and it was 3:22PM. As it snowed earlier driving faster was not a possibility at all. Slippery and cold the ground around was nothing but a trap to certain death or at least a concussion.

Bayshore Mall is a good place to hang around, half of it is open, and there is a covered area with some great restaurants and the IPic theaters. It will only take about five or six minutes of drive for me to reach that mall from home. The inside part of the mall was not busy as I expected. Most people were in the food court and I walked around doing some window shopping. I went into the Lids shop where I make my custom hats, said “Hi” to sales girl, my good friend who works there was not there so I left just after the greetings.

   I walked along couple of couples smooching around. Some teenagers giggled by. Then I saw an unusually attractive girl. If I say girl it won’t do much justice to her age as she probably is in her mid twenties. The instant I looked at her she raised her head and looked right in my eyes. Her eyes literally wowed me.

On my way to her in my mind I said “She is no ordinary girl and I am no ordinary man” when I reached near her I said “Hello”

She looked at me and smiled and said “You are no ordinary man and I am no ordinary girl”

I was startled and in my surprise I said “Fuck”

She smiled and replied. “That’s not a good way to start a conversation with a lady”.

I cried… “Oh I am really sorry, you just spoke out my thoughts, I mean you just said what I meant in my mind”

By this time her smiling and giggles broke into open laughs “You are kidding me isn’t it?” through her laughs she said.

“No, No” I said really loud and a guy who jealously looking at me was really close. I turned to him and apologized for my loud burst.

  “Did I really read your mind?” She was curious this time.

I told “Yes not the same order of words though, I thought it this way, She is no ordinary girl and I am no ordinary man” I smiled and continued “There is fire in that soul through your eyes I see, Which in this cold, cold winter giving me warmth”

She frowned and in laughs said “Thank you for the sweet words, but to break the bubble, we are standing right under the heating vent” She looked up when she finished saying that.