At the End of the Day

Luna Lovegood sat in her bright bedroom, thinking about her father's news. She stared at nothing, her mouth hanging open. The man in question sat right in front of her, on a yellow desk.

"Sweetheart, close your mouth. You'll catch Wrackspurts. I heard at work once that they can get in your brain through more than just your ears..." Said Mr. Lovegood tentatively. He fiddled with his neck charm for a second, waiting for a reply. But nothing came. His attempts at making Luna laugh were useless.

At that point, Luna was feeling quite strange, like the way you feel when you eat too many dridgible plums. That loopy sort of feeling, where you feel like your brain is tilting around in your skull, and the whole world just tips...

"I don't expect you'll be able to do anything, love."Mr. Lovegood sighed. However, Luna knew that she was going to fix it, no matter what she had to do.

"Good night dear Luna. Sleep tight. Don't let the Nargles bite." He left the room, but before he got far, he could hear Luna's sad voice saying, "Goodnight, daddy." After that, he started pacing in the kitchen. Luna just hoped he wasn't close to the Crumple Horned Snorkack.

After two hours of hearing her father pace, she counted thestrals jumping trees to calm her mind. It was very busy, after all. She needed something to distract it. She was thinking about a lot of things. She was thinking about what she wanted to dream about that night, and that about two hundred and thirty three thestrals had made it over the trees. She was thinking about what she could do to help her daddy, and of many other things.

Just before she finally fell into the wonderful world of slumber, she remembered a saying.

-Let us sleep, for in dreams we enter a world that's entirely our own. Let us swim through the deepest ocean or glide over the highest cloud.-

Before she could decide what to dream about, sleep overtook her, and all the thoughts in her brain came into a full stop until morning. She dreamed about the events of the day, exactly as they happened.

(Luna's Dream)

There they were, just Luna and her dad, in their private office at the Quibbler building. They furnished their office with little knick-knacks, such as cuckoo clocks, Muggle dream catchers (they where quite good for keeping the wrackspurts away, as Luna found out) and other bizarre sorts of things. They made it quite cozy, but anyone else might call it odd.

Luna was flipping through a rough draft of this month's edition of the Quibbler, trying to pick out any misprints, typos, or any other errors. She only found a few, and notified Mr. Doobliato right away. Mr. Doobliato was the owner of the Quibbler, and had the master copy of every Quibbler ever made. He could fix any mistakes with a flick of his wand to the paper, but only once they are found. He would always tell the interns that if you don't know what the problem is, you can't fix it. Mr. Doobliato was a kind man, and Luna always especially enjoyed coming to work when he was there.

Luna had only been an intern for two months before Mr. Doobliato approved her application to work there. Most people had to wait at least six months for him to decide whether they would be good for his magazine or not. Luna graduated Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry only four months prior to the beginning of her internship.

While Luna was reminiscing old times, she didn't notice the figure tumble into her office, soaking wet and covered in soot and dirt. Her father was gone to ask about a new species of nargles he had read about. Meanwhile, Luna heard the figure gasping for breath and promptly spun around, jumped out of her chair, and tackled the figure to the ground. She had her wand closely trained on him, not being able to tell who it was, considering how grimy they were.