Chapter 32

My eyes slowly opened to a bright white room. Looking around, I saw I was hooked up to some machine. I then looked down to my hands to see I had some scratches here and there. I went to move my leg but let out a hiss as pain struck through my right leg. Lifting up the white sheet, I saw my leg was bandaged up. My mind then flashed back to the car crash with Jeff.

A door opened and I looked up to see a bunch of people entering the room along with a doctor.

"How are you feeling Ms. Marran?" the doctor asked. "A bit in pain but I'll live," I mumbled to which he gave me a soft smile. "Right...You're lucky to be alive. You died once you reach to the hospital but we were able to revive you," he spoke.

I sat there in shock. "I-" I stopped as I remember I couldn't ask for what I want. I wanted to say I want my brother but no one knew I had a brother. I was still on a mission.

"You want something?" the doctor asked.

I nodded my head, "Some water," I felt my voice breaking.

A nurse quickly exited the room probably to get me the water. "Alright well the crash was pretty brutal. We still haven't found the driver but I need to test your memory. Please state your name and occupation," the doctor requested.

"My name is Skylar Marran. I am a designer or Isabella Povlov and her husband," I spoke pointing the Isabella and her husband who was next to her.

The doctor checked something on his paper.

"Do you remember the month and date you were born?" he asked.

I nodded, "November 23."

"Right well everything seems good so far," he wrote down.

I looked over to Jeff who was standing behind the doctor. "Are you okay?" I asked. He let out a chuckle and nodded, "I think I should be asking you that question," he replied to which I smiled.

"You're up! You're okay!" a voice cheered as it entered the room. I watched as his buff guy took hug steps towards me before kissing my cheek. I quickly shoved him away to which his greenish grey eyes widened in curiosity.

"Who are you?" I shrieked.

The whole room went into silence. I watched as this guy frowned in disappointment.

"He's your -"

"Caretaker. I'm your caretaker. Doc, can we talk outside for a minute," the guy spoke to the doctor to which he nodded. They both exited the room and I looked towards Jeff, Charlie and Isabella who were just staring at me in shock.

"What?" I questioned to which they quickly shook their heads.

They started to talk amongst themselves and my eyes flickered to the glass window where I could see the guy talking to the doctor. The guy was wearing a shirt and black dress pants. His sleeves were rolled up which revealed his tattoos. My eyes then trailed up to his neck which was also tattooed. His brown hair was ruffled a bit and it honestly made him look cute.

He sort of looks like a fuck boy to be honest.

The guy turned my direction and gave me a smile as he saw I was looking. He then looked back to the doctor and continued to talk.

Maybe he's an asshole too? A fuck boy asshole.

He then looked my direction again as if he heard my thoughts. I then let out a muffled laugh as I thought how ridiculous I most sound. Just imagine people reading minds. You know how paranoid I would be if that was true. Like what if you saw someone hot and you were eyeing them. Then they would know you're eye raping them for sure.