Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

I stood by the window, waiting for Draco. We had established an unspoken routine where we would always meet up on Monday’s and Thursday’s while the other days were just by chance. Now was as a Thursday and I was waiting for Draco to show up.

“Waiting for me, Gibbons?” Draco walked into the class with a self-satisfied smirk.

I glared at him and his smug attitude. Normally it would amuse me but now, it just annoyed me, “I can’t believe you!” I walked over to his arm which was now encased in a sling, “What are you doing with this stupid thing on?”

Draco held a look of shock before he quickly recovered and smirked like the jerk he was, “I got attacked by a Hippogriff and my arm was broken. Are you concerned?”

“No I’m not!” I reached into the sling and squeezed his arm, hard but instead of a sound of pain it was instead one of surprise, “What are you doing?! You are crazy, Gibbons!”

“Am I? I’m not the one going around with a sling for an injury that’s already healed! Hagrid is a good teacher and you have ruined everything for him! He told us that we can’t insult the Hippogriff but you just ignored that and did it anyway. Now he has to face a hearing and it’s all your fault! You are unbelievable.” And with that I stormed out of the room, slamming the door on my way out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the second to last day of the year and I was waiting in the room, waiting for Draco. We had made up after the earlier fight after he admitted to being an idiot and everything was back to normal again.

Draco walked into the room with a smirk on his stupid handsome face. “Waiting for me, Gibbons?”

“Déjà vu much? You need to be a bit more original if you wish to score with the girls, Draco,”

“Well it works for you, doesn’t it?” He grinned as he took a seat next to me on the window ledge. I put away my book and turned my attention to him, feeling my heart beat a little faster. I was only 13, almost 14, but I was starting to notice boys or should I say boy.

I rolled my eyes, “You wish,” trying to stop the blush from creeping to my cheeks.

“Are you blushing, Gibbons?” He laughed, “You are!”

I slapped his arm, “Be quiet! Don’t ruin my image of you before we go home, oh wait, it wasn’t good to start off with.”

“Lie all you want but I know the truth,” He smirked and I grinned. It was always fun spending time with Draco.

We spent the next two hours just joking around and enjoying the last moments we would enjoy together for a few months. Towards dinner time I started to realise that we wouldn’t see each other for a few months.

“Draco, can I send you an owl this summer?”

He looked surprised by the seriousness, “Why?”

I felt flustered, of course he wouldn’t want to send owls over the summer, “Nothing. Never mind. So how about the weather?”

Draco laughed, “Sorry I was just surprised. Sure we can send owls during the summer, it’s not like my parents keep a close eye on me.”

I smiled, my cheeks heating up, “Ok. Cool.”

Draco tilted his head to the side and looked as if he was studying me, “You know you’re really cute, Gibbons.” His hand brushed my cheek, “I never really noticed before.”

I kept quiet as his hand made the way to the back of the neck, drawing me closer to him, until finally our lips touched. Instinctively I closed my eyes and leaned into it, surprised by how soft his lips were. Unfortunately it ended all too soon and Draco jumped away from me as if he was electrocuted,

“I have to go. I’ll uh-owl you.” And with that he rushed through the door, leaving a tingling sensation in my lips and a fluttering sensation in my stomach.