S... for Secret Revelations!

Chapter 6: S... for Secret Revelations!

The launch of the new clothing line of RHF was going on smoothly. Arnav thought as he watched the models walk the ramp. His thoughts went to Jalebi. She had been ecstatic when she had entered the venue and had immediately gone back stage to wish luck to all the models.

Of course she was cheerful! After all, she had managed to get three days of leave and after those three days she would be back to destroy his peace of mind. Well she was smart, hands down, mostly because she had very cleverly used the whole situation to her advantage. He thought seeing Khushi smiling gleefully. She was even showing some of the models a thumbs-up sign.

"Pagal", he muttered and shook his head.

"Did you say something, Arnav?" Ajay asked with a hint of amusement in his eyes. He had been observing his son. He had found Arnav's eyes often sneaking glances at Khushi.

"No, Dad." Arnav said and concentrated on the show again. His father really had very big ears. He thought.

~0~

"It has been a long time since we met each other." She remarked casually.

"It appears so." He told her. He forwarded her favourite mocktail. She accepted it gratefully, noticing that he still remembered her preferences. Lack of meeting had not changed what they shared. She smiled at that and glanced around. The launch was a grand success and it was now followed by the after party which was in full swing.

However, two persons were far from soaking in the enjoyment. Akash Singh Raizada and Payal Gupta had one thing in common though, their distress.

"I have something to tell you.""I need to tell you something." Both said in unison.

"Okay. The lady goes first", said Akash.

"Ever the gentleman, aren't you?" Payal said and both chuckled.

"Enough formal greeting. Now out with whatever you want to say."

"Ermm... I got the appointment letter yesterday. I got a job as a senior research analyst."

Akash narrowed his eyes at her and released the breath he was holding. Okay, so she was not in a problem.

"Wow! Congratulations Payaliya!" He said as he engulfed Payal in a big bear hug. But why was she still frowning? This woman and her ability to stress over little things.

"Thanks, Akash." And the frown refused to leave her face.

"I don't sense a problem here. Isn't this supposed to be a celebration time? Am I seeing a frown there? This is your dream job, Payaliya."

"Yeah, but it is not in Delhi."

"So?"

"Akash! You know Amma. She will not let me leave the country."

"One minute. This means you did not tell Uncle and Aunty that you had applied for this job?"

Payal shook her head indicating that she hadn't. "But now that you have got the job, you should tell them. I don't think Garima Aunty will have any problem knowing that her daughter is doing so well. You haven't told Khushi too?"

"No, I haven't. I wanted to tell you first." She muttered softly.

Akash smiled at that. Nothing had changed over years. This is how their friendship has always been.

Payal and Khushi has joined their school in the 11th and 9th standard respectively and that one annual school event brought them all together. While Khushi and Arnav had always been at loggerheads, Avni had developed a strong friendship with Khushi and Akash found a best friend in Payal, or rather Payalia, as he fondly called her. Later the friendship expanded between their families.