Chapter One

Chapter One

____________________

"I can't do this anymore," I groan, falling back onto my unmade bed.

"Do what?" My best friend, Emilie, asks looking up from her One Direction magazine.

"Flip through channel after channel on t.v., and watch all of these people living their dreams while I ,Blaire Peyton, am not," I sigh loudly, and sit up.

Emilie jinks about it, twirling a piece of her red hair around her finger. "Well, the boys of One Direction were probably doing the same thing a few years ago before they made it."

"Yeah well, the boys of One Direction are gorgeous, have amazing voices, and have extremely charming personalities. Someone was bound to notice them at some point!"

"Hm...I agree. You won't get noticed because you don't share any of those qualities with them," she responds, smirking at me.

I roll my eyes and throw a pillow at her. She dodges it and glares at me.

"We need to meet them at some point, you know," I say, sighing again.

I look around my room at the posters of Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, and Liam Payne. They had been my inspiration (and obsession) since I first heard about them being in the X Factor. I had waited in anticipation for them to come to the United States. When they finally did, I couldn't get tickets because they were all sold out. I've been wanting to meet them ever since.

"Yeah, well, maybe we could ask our parents to buy us meet and greet tickets; or we could get a job."

"No, whenever parents get involved, any fun goes soaring out the window," I respond, rolling my eyes at my sensible friend. She reminded me so much of Liam sometimes, not that I knew him or anything.

"That's not true."

"Yes, it is!"

"No, it's not."

"Okay, maybe you can have fun wih parents! But it's not like we could ever afford it anyway! And I'm only fourteen! I can't get a job yet and you couldn't either!"

"We're almost fifteen."

"It doesn't make a difference!" I say, exasperated.

I flop back down on my bed and stare at the ceiling. Studying the smooth white surface, I start thinking about how we could meet them."

" We can look up where they're going to be so we could casually stalk...I mean so we could see if they're doing any album signings or meet and greets," I say hopefully.

"Wow, you actually had a good idea! That's weird," Emilie laughs, and grabs my laptop off my desk.

She searches the internet, and her expression turns grim when she reads the bright screen.

"Well?" I ask, desperately.

"They are in New York. Which means our chances of going to that album signing is down to about...hm...none."

She shuts the laptop angrily and flings it on the bed. "Why can't things just go our way for once! I swear, sometimes I just feel like running away from this place! We live in such a small town! Nothing happens here! If we lived in a place like New York, we could do whatever we wanted but..."

I stop listening to her rant, and I start thinking. I usually wasn't reckless. I am smart, but when I want something enough, and I feel like I deserve it, I will do anything to make it happen. And so would Emilie. One of the many things we have in common.

"Emilie?"

She pauses mid-rant and looks over at me.

"Why don't we?"

"Why don't we what?"

"Why don't we live somewhere like New York?"

"Because our parents would never move there," she says, staring at me.

"Well, that shouldn't stop us. My aunt lives up there. Maybe we could go up and live in New York for the summer."

"We wouldn't have any freedom with your aunt would we?"

"No, we wouldn't live with her. We would make my parents think we were! I could say I called my aunt, and she invited us to go up there for the summer. My parents would believe me, they trust me, for some reason. And my mom tries to avoid talking to her sister, so she probably wouldn't want to call her anyway. It's totally believable because she asked me to stay before, but it was when I was too young! "

"Blaire, I don't know..."

"I could get all the money out of my savings account and we could find a place to sleep for a cheap price. If we run out of money, we can just sneak into my aunt's apartment. She works most of the time anyway!" I yell, getting more excited with each idea.

I jump up from the bed and shake her shoulders.

"We could do it, Emilie Ciley! We can! Come on, it'll be like when we were little, we always pretended to be spies and sneak off! Now we really can! Come on, please!"

"We still wouldn't be able to afford the album signing slash meet and greet or whatever," she says, staring at me with her bright green eyes.

"We can always sneak in," my eyes twinkling mischievously.

"Well, okay. If I get to meet Nialler, I'm in! But...one thing. What if your aunt sees us and recognizes us?"

"Hair dye and colored contacts. I've always wanted to see what'd I'd look like as a brunette," I respond, fingering my blonde locks. "And I always thought you'd look good as a blonde," I say, smiling brightly.

"What happens if we get caught?"

"We come straight back to our normal, boring lives."

"And if we get away with it?"

I smile. "Let's see...we get to meet One Direction, maybe get famous in one way or another, and live in New York frickin' City!"

"Okay..."She thinks it over for a few minutes before looking up at me and breaking into a huge grin.

"New York frickin' City it is!"

_________________________________

Author's Note:

Hey guys! I've been reading TONS of One Direction fan fics lately, and I decided to write one! I thought it would be cool if the main characters were a little bit younge than usual. This is really my first story I have posted on Wattpad, so I hope you enjoy it! Tell me what you all think!

Also, if you guys have a twitter my username is: @flyingskyeward

I post different stuff about One Direction and what's going on and everything, so if you want, look me up!

I'd be happy to talk to any of you!

-Skye xx