Chapter 10

"Are you a virgin?"

His question shocks me - I had honestly been expecting much worse. I am just about to answer when Luke interrupts.

"You can't ask her that!" He yells.

"Luke it's -" I begin.

"Don't worry, you don't have to answer that if you don't want too. We would all completely understand if you didn't feel comfortable answering that. Wouldn't we boys?" His tone is harsh and he glances expectantly between Ashton, Michael and Calum. But none of the get the chance to answer him.

"No, Luke, it's fine. Really. That's an easy question - it could have been a whole lot worse."

"Are you sure?" He asks, worry clear in his voice and eyes.

"Yes Luke..." I reply, my tone exacerbated.

"Okay." He states simply before looking away from me.

"So...back to the game." Calum hoaxes.

"Right...Yes, I am still a virgin." I say simply and honestly. "My turn." I add with a grin.

"Michael...umm...if you had to date one of these guys, who would you choose?"

"That's easy...Luke." He answers with an obvious smirk.

"Sorry mate, I'm taken...by a girl." Luke says with a small smile.

"Yeah, yeah. Stop rubbing it in." Ashton adds.

The game goes on for another half an hour or so. The questions range from slightly awkward to just plain uncomfortable but it's nothing that I can't handle.

When it's time for me to head home, I say goodbye to Calum, Michael and Ashton before turning to Luke.

"I'll walk you out to your car."

"You don't have to do that, it's a fair walk..."

"All the more reason, are you ready to go?"

"Fine. Yeah. Bye boys!" I say one last time as I give them a small wave.

Luke then exits the room and I follow quickly behind him. As soon as we walk out of the venue, his voice breaks the silence that had just been occupying the air between us.

"This way?" He asks, pointing in the general direction of where my car happen to be.

"Yeah. Hey, is something wrong?" I question because I can't bring myself not to.

"Look, I'm sorry for earlier. I didn't mean to come off as crazy and over-protective, I just wanted to make sure that you were okay." He says, his voice nervous and his eyes avoiding mine.

"That's okay. It's nice to know that you care about me, and that you're looking out for me."

"That's the thing. I've never cared about something this much in my life. It scares the hell out of the me - I honesly don't know how to act, or what to do - but I don't think I could have it any other way."

"Me neither."