Part 7

I woke up to the annoying ringing of my alarm. I rolled over and buried my face in my the pillow while hitting my clock. I think i’m the last person on earth who still uses an alarm clock instead of a phone alarm. My flip phone barely makes calls, I don’t think it could do the impossible job of waking me up.

Everything that happened with Harry came flooding back into my mind. It had to be a dream. 

I finally managed to pick my body up and get out of bed. The navy dress laying on the top of my laundry hamper proved that last night was, in fact, completely real. 

…………………………………………………………………………

I walked into the diner with a smile that I couldn’t manage to wipe off my face. I ignored the look Nancy gave me after I gave her a upbeat good morning. She rolled her eyes and handed me a rag to clean the counter. 

I cleaned the counter with the grin that wouldn’t leave my face no matter how hard I tried. “You should wipe that grin off your face” I heard a raspy voice whisper in my ear. “No one at this diner is used to seeing you this happy.” I grinned more as I turned to look at him. He winked and went to go take a couple’s order. What is this boy doing to me. 

I went back to cleaning the counter when I heard his voice next to me again, “So listen..” I turned towards him and waited for him to continue. “A few friends of mine and I have this band… I was wondering… well were playing this show on saturday and I… well…” I laughed at his adorable rambling and kissed his cheek to shut him up.

“I would love to come.” I replied and his face brightened. I saw a customer walk into the diner and it was my turn to wink at him and walk away. 

…………………………………………………………………………

“We could be like their groupies” Sky said excitedly as she put another coat of mascara. She happily agreed to accompany me to see Harry and his band. 

I rolled my eyes as I slipped on my jacket. “We are just going to see his band perform. We don’t even know if they’re any good.” 

“C’mon, it’s your boyfriend’s band. You’re supposed to support him” 

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the keys. “Harry and I are just friends”

“Friends that like to kiss” She smirked and grabbed the keys from my hand.

…………………………………………………………………………

“If he sings that well, just think about how sexy he’ll sound in the bedroom” I hit her shoulder. We were standing outside the the venue. His band was amazing, he was amazing. I had no idea he had such an incredible voice. 

“Shut up Sky. Let’s just go home.” I went to grab my keys but her hand stopped me. “What?”

“Aren’t we going to go backstage and see them? I really want to check out that drummer. I’d let him bang more than the drums.” 

I rolled my eyes. “First off, you have Tyler. Second, we weren’t invited backstage. So can we just go home?”

“Why wouldn’t Harry want to see his girlfriend?” 

As if on a cue, I got a text from Harry. 

‘Are you here? Come backstage’

…………………………………………………………………………

It was a small venue so it wasn’t hard to find the door to the backstage. Sky flung the door open and all eyes turned to her. 

“HI” she excitedly said as she walked in. I followed behind her and my eyes locked with Harry’s. I walked over to him and he pulled me into his arms. He was a little sweaty but he still smelled wonderful. 

“…and that one attached to Harry is Riley.” I heard the end of Sky’s statement and quickly pulled away from him. I turned around and saw all eyes on me. I gave a small wave. They introduced themselves and went back to their conversations. I turned my attention back to Harry. 

“So what did you think?” He looked at me, searching my face for any clues of what I thought of his performance. 

“Incredible. I never knew you had such a wonderful voice!” He grinned, clearly pleased with my answer and scooped me back into his arms. 

It was weird but even after such a short time with him, his arms felt like where I belong.