The Change Within

(Renesmee's POV)

When I got far enough into the woods, I really started sprinting. Though I wasn't worried about getting caught...if anything, it was the opposite! Only someone with a death wish would travel this far out at this time of the year, if they couldn't handle themselves. Especially a human!

Don't get me wrong, I loved humans...not to eat, of course. My grandfather Charlie and his new wife, Sue are humans, as well as Jacob and his pack of shape-shifters...they were still human, but papaw Charlie and Sue didn't come into the forest and the pack could take care of themselves.

When I got far enough in the forest, I halted, stopping to smell. I closed my eyes and took in the scents of deer and elk, which tasted like dirty water I shuttered. Veering further away, I smelled a cougar, which smelled amazing! I quickly ran towards that smell, when something, or someone, I should say, halted me in my tracks.

I looked up, seeing two sets of red eyes staring down at me. I gulped.

The Volturi. More specifically, two of the guards who's names I couldn't quite remember.

As terrified as I was, I stood still, bowing to them. “I wasn't going to town,” I promised them. “I was hunting an animal. I was thirsty.”

“Well, so are we,” one of the taller one's said. “And you are half-human, am I right?”

I took in another gulp before slowly nodding, the smaller one hitting the bigger one's arms.

“See now, Felix,” the shorter one said. “You've scared her.”

The tallest laughed maniacally. “Not as much as you do, dear Demetri.”

I took a small step back but before I knew it, the shorter one was holding me up by the throat, choking what air I did have out of me. “You have to learn to be disciplined,” he said. “And we'll need you one day. But you have to stay this way. You can't get any older! And you also need to get used to human blood very, very quick!” With all of that said, he bit my neck. I thought I was going to die as a fire began raging through the insides of my body, and soon, I blacked out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Carlisle...what's wrong with her?”

“She's been bitten, Edward...she's now one of us!”

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. My skin was paler than I remembered, and I held my neck as the insides of my throat felt like they were on fire! My whole family was standing over me, looking at me warily as my grandfather Carlisle handed me a cup. I took whatever it was and gulped it down, before spitting it right back out, shaking my head.

“She's craving,” I heard my father say softly, disappointed in what I've become. My grandfather left the room and soon returned with a new cup, filled with better smelling blood. I had it gone within forty-five seconds, feeling much, much better.

As my grandfather took the glass away, my mother looked at me. “Renesmee...what happened?”

I looked at her confused, before it all started coming back to me. I put my hand to her cheek, showing her how I was thirsty and went out to hunt, but was soon met with Felix and Demetri, and that one of them bit me. All of what was said to me, as well, was within the scene that I played back for her.

I heard my father's jaw clenching, and I could tell he was pissed.

“They want her,” he whispered, “so they changed her into an immortal.”

A collective gasp was heard all around, and I started crying...at least, I thought I had. No relief or tears were coming from me as I began choking on sobs that would never be released. My mother picked me up, holding me close to her. When we were away some, I put my hand to my check, showing everyone's disappointed faces. They hate me...don't they?

Soon, my father was at our side, and I was in his arms as he kissed my cheeks. “No, we're not. We shouldn't have left you alone! But they shouldn't have come here, either!”

Soon, my whole family surrounded me. But as I sensed the air, something had changed. They were all nervous, and I soon knew why.

A car door was shut, and I soon smelt two of the sweetest scents I had ever smelt.

My grandfather and his new wife.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It's kind of creepy, but I'm starting it back up. Don't worry, it'll get better. Hope everyone likes it!  And no worries...Jacob will be in it soon enough ;-)

MissMellissy