37

a/n;

only a few more chapters left!!

-

I sit in the living room, repacking the bong as I wait for Jack to get back. He and his friend had gone upstairs to talk and I've smoked three bong packs just waiting for him.

As I'm looking around, I see Eddie across the room staring at me. He smiles and waves so I wave back. When he makes his way over to me, I mentally scream at myself for catching his gaze. He sits beside me and takes the bong from my hands. Who in the fuck?

"Hey, how've you been?" He asks before taking a few hits.

"I've been," I shrug. "You?"

"Single," He tells me and I suddenly I feel uncomfortable being around him. "How's your friend?"

"Which one?"

"The one that I drove home before our date." He hands me the bong back and Jack is walking towards us.

"He's right there," I nod towards my gorgeous boyfriend and before I could say anything to Jack, he leans down and grabs my face to kiss me hard. I slightly sit up and place my hand on his jaw to kiss back. Chills run throughout my body and he pulls me off of the couch without detaching our lips. He wraps his arms around my waist and continues to make out with me. I'm not one for public affection, but how can I say no to this sexy fucker? I finally pull away and smile at him. He smiles back before looking at Eddie.

"Oh, hey! You're the dude that took my girl out on that horrible date," He says, a huge grin on his face.

"Is that what she said?" Eddie asks and I start to say no but Jack cuts me off.

"Yeah, she said it was horrible so I took her on a date to Six Flags to make up for your bad date," He explains to him and I close my eyes. I can't believe he just told him that.

"Good thing I didn't wanna go on another one with her," Eddie says, catching me by complete surprise. Okay, so fuck you.

"It's a good thing because I took over," Jack says and they get in each other's faces.

"She chose the wrong guy, than. She doesn't need some drug addict in her life," Eddie snaps and I have the urge to tackle him.

"Who the fuck do you think you are? I don't know what your problem is, but don't you ever talk to him like that again." I shout, pushing them away from each other. Jack doesn't budge and I look at him. His face is red and his breathing is abnormal. "Babe, calm down." I tell him, placing my hand on his heaving chest. Before I know it, he's reaching across me and punching Eddie square in the face, knocking him out. I look at Jack in complete shock and he walks to the kitchen with his fists clenched. I follow him as everyone else checks to see if Eddie is okay. Jack is rinsing his hand under water and I come up beside him.

"You knocked him the fuck out," I say cautiously, scared that he'll take his anger out on me but I doubt it. He looks at me with an apologetic look.

"Can we go home?" He asks and I just nod.

-

We lay together in my bed and he plays with my hair.

"I just want you to know that I love you, Lex. I'm sorry for what happened at the party, but it made me angry when I saw him talking to you," He says and I smile at him. "I didn't mean to rat you out, babe."

I shake my head. "It's okay, though. I don't like him anyway." I shrug.

"You're so beautiful, and words can't explain my love for you. I can't wait to see where we go in life," He says, leaning in and kissing me.

"I love you so much, Jack." I whisper before laying my head on his chest to hear his heart beat.

-

I wake up to a loud bang and Jack isn't laying with me anymore. I doubt he went in his room to lay down, especially because we were having a moment before we had fallen asleep. I rub my eyes and crawl out of bed to use the bathroom before seeing if Jack is in the living room. I open the bathroom door and he's laying on the bathroom floor, a half empty bottle of pills in his hands, unconscious.

"Jack!" I scream, pulling at his arm. He slightly opens his eyes and I begin to cry. "Jack, did you overdose?" I ask, helping him stand up. I freak out and basically drag him out of the apartment complex and get him in the car. I didn't bother to put shoes on as I race to the hospital. "Fuck!" I scream, hysterically crying and turning my windshield wipers on when it begins to pour. Why did we move thirty minutes away from the hospital? "Jack, please Jack stay awake," I plead, smacking him in the face gently a few times to maybe keep him up. His head is going all over the place, mouth open and drooling. "Jack I love you, please don't leave me! I can't lose you!" I shout as I pull into the hospital parking lot.

I get him inside and scream for help.

"Please, someone help me!"

"What happened?" A guy dressed in scrubs asks, grabbing him from my arms.

"He overdosed on pills," I cry. "Please!"

They rush him to the back and when I try keeping up with them, a few nurses hold me back. I kick and scream, trying to get back there as I watch them put him on a gurney and take him away.

-

I've been sitting in the waiting room for about thirty minutes, waiting for someone to give me any type of news. My mind is racing and I can't stop crying. I haven't been able to calm down since I found him.

"Is there anyone here waiting for Jack Gilinsky?" A nurse asks and I quickly make my way over to her. "You are?"

"Yes," I answer, my anxiety acting up.

"Come with me, please." She says softly and I'm a little relieved. She's taking me to see him. We walk down a bunch of hallways and she opens a large wooden door, allowing me to walk in first the she does. There's nothing in the room but a table and chairs. "Have a seat please," She sits down and I do also. My panic starts up again.

"Is he okay?" I ask, starting to cry again.

"I'm terribly sorry... but once we had gotten him on the gurney, he was gone." She says quietly and my entire world stops. "He had overdosed on Xanax. I'm really, really sorry. We've contacted his parents and I think it's best you get home and get some rest."

"How in the fuck am I supposed to just go home, where I found the love of my life dying, and just rest? What the fuck is wrong with you?" I scream and a few nurses come into the room. "He can't be dead! He's not fucking dead!" I breakdown and when I close my eyes, I see his face. I see those beautiful brown eyes that made my day... that gorgeous smile that made me feel better when I was in a bad mood. Him... I just see him.

-

That morning-

I stand in the kitchen, looking at all of our stuff. We were supposed to love happily after we moved out, and he ruined it by taking pills. I honestly thought he was over all of that, but I was obviously wrong. I begin to tear up and set my mug of tea on the counter as I begin to cry harder. We had just been talking about our future last night, about how we're excited to see where this all goes. This is where it came.

I walk to the bathroom and stare at myself in the mirror. I look a wreck and my makeup is smeared, but I honestly could not give a fuck. I look at the spot where I had seen Jack and I witness the bottle of pills laying by the tub. I pick them up and take them into the kitchen. I unscrew the cap and I'm ready to empty them down the drain and turn on the garbage disposal. But I can't bring myself to do it. I lost him because of these stupid things...

Maybe I can lose myself.