Episode 1xPart 4: Really, Stilinski?

Staying up past one on a school night just to binge watch a fictional show and 'de-bone' an adorable dork, was not the greatest idea when I had to wake up the next morning at 6:30. Which only differed from the one before in speed. Scott wasn't banging on my door and rushing me to get ready, so I was going to take my sweet time. I wallowed in bed for a few minutes after my alarm rang and checked my phone. 3 new messages. Hmm, quite the popular one.

Jay the Babe: Someones 2 busy 2 talk 2 their bf :(

Jay the Babe: :/ but I miss u

Stilinski: i got home okay. And dont worry, i didnt die of traumatic embarrassment

I laughed at the last message, causing my arms to vibrate, making me drop my phone on my face. "Oww," I mumbled to myself before grabbing my phone to reply. I told Stiles that it was fine, there was need to stress it and if it made him feel better, I wasn't gonna tell Scott anything.
While waiting for his reply, I stared at Jay's text, wondering what to say. He was such a good boyfriend, constantly checking in just to talk. The fact that I barely made time for him, as is, in three days, wasn't good at all. The reason why I hadn't made time wasn't all that great either. In fact, it made me feel like a horrible, hormonal teenager. Prime example: I haven't been here for a week and I'm already checking out Beacon Hills' boy department! I had promised him we'd make this work. While shaking my head, I throw my phone to the side, as if it get rid of overwhelming thoughts. It was too early to harp on this.
I hopped in the shower, washed my hair and wrapped one towel around my body and one twisted upon my head while I was getting out. Staring at my closet (still half empty), I realized that the rest of my stuff was supposed to come last night. I make a mental note to call Julie later and move on with my routine.
I was in the middle of putting my hair in ripples when my phone vibrated.

Stilinski: That's good to know, actually. Hope you're ready. I'll be there in ten.

Wow. Good thing I'm almost done. I thought to myself while finishing a handful of waves in my hair. I take a timely glance at myself, seeing as though I didn't have the chance to yesterday. Today's look was simple. A collared white, see through top with a black bralette underneath, blue skinnies and my white chucks. Glancing at the clock, I realized Stiles would be here in a minute. I jogged down the stairs, grabbed a banana and yelled out for Scott. But I got nothing back. Must've caught a ride with Melissa or took the bike. Oh well.
I walk out the door and let the fresh air smack me with the smell of trees. I could really get used to this. Turning around to lock the door, I had the thought of waiting for Stiles on the steps-- not having my cousin's half naked, wet body slam into me and knock me off my feet.
His body fell on top of mine, slightly drenching me. And squishing my banana! :(
     "Scott.. this may be a dream for some of the girls at our school but, this girl is your cousin. You're crushing me." I said through a slightly strained voice.
     "Oh, sorry." He hoisted himself up off of me, allowing me to breathe and lift myself. When my eyes met his after dusting myself off, I realized that he was staring at me. His eyes only revealing confusion. "What are you doing outside?"
"Waiting for Stiles. I called out for you but you didn't say anything so, I assumed you found another way to get to school. Why the hell are you wet?"
Scott looked down at himself and struggled to find an answer. The alarming smell of wet dog tickled up my nostrils as my cousin stood there befuddled. "Actually.. I-I have no idea," he finally stammered. The sound of Stiles' Jeep grasped both of our attentions as he pulled up the driveway.
     The stench suddenly became unbearable and I covered my nose. "Scott, I love you. But something reeks, I'm not saying it's you but.. just in case, get cracking with that shower, bro," I blurted through my hands. He perked his nose a bit, as if to detect the smell.
     "I don't smell anything." I shook my head and remained silent. "Okay, okay. Tell Stiles to wait for me!" He screamed as he jogged past me.
I head down the porch stairs, towards the car to greet Stilinski and he did the same, as he got out of the driver's seat and leaned against the hood.
"Top 'o the morning to ya," I waved as I continued to make my way.
     He saluted me with a smile, "Where's he going?" he nodded towards the front door, where my cousin once stood.
     "Quick shower. He said wait for him. Do all guys smell like mutts?"
"Well, y'know, most of us smell like what usually comes out of a dog, so... Yeah, be happy when you find a guy who just smells like dog, as opposed to doggy doo doo... stuff."
     I laughed, "So, I should be grateful?"
     He nodded, "Yeah, yep, you should. So, stop being so selfish 'cause we gotta live with it." We laughed together for a moment and I can't lie, the joke wasn't that funny to begin with. The only thing that kept me smiling was his own. Which was now fading. "Look, about last night," he started before I cut him off.
"Don't make it sound like the one night stand it wasn't. Like I said, it's fine. It happens. Plus, I doubt you've ever looked at me that way." I shrugged and began to get in the car. Now realizing what I said, why the hell would I say that?!
"Why?"
"Why what?"
Stiles was leaning on the now open window. Our faces barely a foot away from each other. This reminded me of the hallway, just somehow more spacious. "W-Why would you say of th-- think of saying-- why would you say that?" He stammered through his sentence. Seems as though everyone is struggling for simple words this morning.
"I don't know. You have a type, I guess. Girly, rich, popular, stylish.. a bit on the bitchy side. You've only ever liked Lydia," I explained. A part of me wanted this conversation to end as soon as possible. It wasn't right, and like earlier, I still felt it was too early in the morning to reflect on life choices. Then, there's the clichè in me. The side that is hoping that this the time that he declares his undying love for me, although he's only known me for a short amount of time. Kinda like that movie The First Time when those two high schoolers fall in love after only knowing each other for a weekend. Which, looking at him now, I realize how much Stiles looks exactly like the main character.
"That's not entirely true. I mean, I've looked. Just, y'know, never thought I had a shot." He said bringing me back to our conversation.
"But, look at the whole thing with Lydia. You still go for it."
"Yeah but that's not the sa--,"
     "Alright, let's go! You guys okay?" Scott interrupted as he approached the car. Well, that was fast. His hair still had beads of water in it and they were dripping on his gray long sleeved t-shirt.
Stiles and I cut a glance at each other. Taking one look at his light brown eyes, I knew he wanted to burst about the conversation that just took place. "Yeah, Scott. We're cool." I stepped in. Scott nodded and got in the car.
"So, I'm taking Allison to Lydia's party tonight." Scott said casually as Stiles pulled out of the driveway.
"Uh huh, y'see? There you go, buddy. There. You. Go." Stiles asked, one hand gripping the wheel, the other patting my cousin's chest between words.
      A silence fell and I realized that was the end of it. "Well? What happened?" I exclaimed.
Scott grinned from ear to ear as if he were reliving the very memory, "She uh, she came to the clinic about a dog she had hit with her car," I shrieked mildly on instinct and covered my mouth. He turned his body around as much as his seatbelt would allow, to look at me, "The dog is fine," he assured before returning his body to it's original position and laying his head on the window. I could see Stiles smiling to himself in the rearview mirror. "But anyways, after I stitched up the dog, I realized she was drenched from the storm and gave her one of my shirts. We talked and laughed. She-she had a eyelash on her cheek and I took it off for her. Then, I uh, walked her to her car and asked if her 'Family Night' was real and s--."
"Whoa, whoa, whoa," I interrupted. "'Family Night'?"
"Oh yeah, she wasn't there." Stiles told Scott.
"That was what she told Lydia and Jackson when they invited her. But yeah, she told me that that was a complete lie and that she'd go with me."
I nodded as we pulled into the school, "Not only did you get the girl. But you got her to agree to go to a party with you, that she didn't want to go to in the first place. I congratulate you, my child."
We all got out of the car and walked to English together seeing as though that's what we had first period. Stiles and I made sure to keep Scott between us, remembering the current rumor about us, but other than that, the day seemed to be smooth sailing. Right now, I have Chemistry while the boys have last period practice. Luckies. They don't have to take gym and get to play during classes every other day. Even if you're on the bench! The only downside, it's up to them to make up their own work but, Scott told me that if a teacher likes you ALOT, they'll let you slide. No teacher likes Scott that much.
"Charlee! Charlee!" I hear my name shouted by the same irrational voice that screamed it yesterday. This kid had some serious bipolar tendencies. One minute he's discreet the next, he wants everyone in BHHS to know we're really buds! He ran towards me, and tripped over his own footing, causing him to slam into the locker next to mine. "Dude, seriously? Either you want people to believe or no--,"
"Honestly, I couldn't care less about the fricking rumors right now, okay?!" He shouted, interrupting me and making me flinch. His voice not only yelled in volume but in tone as well. There was a sense of urgency that demanded to be heard. I didn't know whether to be worried or intrigued. But he never gave me the chance to ask what was wrong because next thing I know, he's closing my locker (almost murdering my hand in the process!) and pulling my wrist to follow him.
"Stiles, what the hell?! I have class!!"
"You can ditch!" The entire time he dragged me, his footwork never let up. Granted, he nearly fell over a few times but, he never stopped. Seemingly determined to get to wherever we were going.