Chapter 6 ~ Fire

"Get up! You have been sleeping all day!" Jason had woken me up. I looked over at the clock. It was 1:00 PM!

I yawned. "What's for lunch. Or breakfast according to me."

Jason smiled. "Pizza." I smiled. I love pizza! I can't wait to stuff me mouth. Very lady like, eh?

I greedily ate 3 huge pieces of pizza. Yum! I had orange Gatorade to drink.

Jason and I played the wii for a while. We had played Mario Cart, Just Dance 4, Wii Play, and Wii Resort over the next 5 hours.

"Ha ha! I win." Jason said doing a victory dance.

"Nuh uh!" I argued.

"Yes huh. It says right here." Jason said pointing to the TV screen.

"Fine, you win." I pouted.

We played one more game on the Wii and decided to quit. It was about 5:30 PM.

"Do you just want me to pick up food from the restaurant?" Jason asked me.

"Sure. I want a chicken filet please. With everything on it." I told him.

"Okay. See ya in a couple." He said. Then he walked out the door.

---------------

"I'm tired!" I said while yawning. It was just about 9:00 PM.

"Me too." Jason said slowly walking up the stairs with me trailing behind him.

"G'Night." I said.

"Good night." He said. then we walked into out rooms. I was ready for a nice sleep.

-----------------

12:45 AM

I woke up smelling.. smelling.. smoke? It was smoke. Oh my God! What was happening?

I looked down the stairs to find fire. Holy crap! How do I get down now? I was having a small panic attack.

I coughed. I opened to door to Jason's room. He wasn't there. I coughed again. Where could he be? Outside?

I heard sirens. Thank The Lord! They were coming. Jason might have called them.. or the neighbors. I coughed again. Ack smoke! I looked downstairs again. The fire was spreading.

I couldn't see because of the smoke. I kept on coughing and coughing. Help! Help, please!

I heard sirens get louder and louder and louder. I heard yelling of what sounded like people.

My eyes watered because of all this smoke. I tried to calm myself saying this is just a dream.. just a dream.. just a dream..

I had to look down the stairs again. Fire was starting to come up the stairs and walls. I could hear water coming but I hope they hit the fire with it. Fire was spreading fast.

I went to the window. I tried opening it. I checked the lock. It was unlocked. I pushed it and pushed it. It hardly budged.

"H-Help!" I screamed as loud as I could. I checked the stairs. Fire was up almost halfway and was climbing the walls.

"Help me!" I screamed again. I pushed as hard as I could to open the window. It only opened about one inch. I tried again. Only another inch I bet.

"Help m-me!" I screamed as loud as I could out the window. People looked at me that were down there.

"Open the window more!" A firefighter ordered me. I tried and tried while coughing. It didn't budge at all. I tried as hard as I could and it still wouldn't budge.