Chapter 20:

Jazmine

"Kody, stop stomping up the damn steps and act like a four year old!" I shout up the steps towards Kjayy.

He threw his book bag down the steps almost hitting me. I started following him up the steps as fast as I could with a 7 month pregnant belly and he got an ass whooping.

I went back to Jay's room and sat on the bed sighing as I begin to cry. It's been a month since Jay has been in jail. He even got moved from one county jail to another. I considered that as his situation getting worse and I cried and cried when he told me he was moved. He still told me don't worry they don't have nothing on him and they just want an excuse to hold which is why they're giving him the run around. I haven't been able to visit him because Jay doesn't want us to be in that dirty jail. He only will allow us to come if he can get a private room.

To make things worse Kjayy has been acting out since Jay has been away. Yesterday Jay called while Kjayy was in daycare and he was beyond mad. So today he asked did he call and got mad when I said he didn't yet which caused him to get his ass whooped.

All I have been doing is hair and coming home to Kjayy. That has been my everyday life lately.

I'm going through Jayceon withdrawal.

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing. I answered it fast when I saw it was Jay.

"Hey," I tried to make my voice sound normal but he knows me too well.

"What's wrong?" he asked right away.

"Nothing," I lied.

"I know you, ma. You've been crying. Tell me, Jazmine." I sighed. "Jazmine."

"Kjayy has been acting up and with everything going on I can't deal."

"What'd he do?" he asked slowly. I know that was to keep from getting mad.

"Jay-"

"What did he do, Jazmine?" I sighed before telling him what just happened. "Put me on speaker and call him in the room." I knew by his voice he said it through gritted teeth.

"Jay-"

"Phone on speaker, Kody in room, now Jazmine." I put him on speaker as he said.

"Kjayy!" I yelled. He didn't come and I know he heard me because he always does. "Kody!!" He stomped in the room after a minute.

"What?" he snapped.

"Who the fuck you saying what to little nigga?" Jay's voice snaps through the phone.

"Dad, I-i-i-"

"You know I'ma fuck you up when I see you right? I told you to be the man of the house while I'm gone and you giving ya mom a hard time while she pregnant making things worse? Yeah, I'ma fuck yo little ass up. Go back to ya fucking room man."

"Aye, Kjayy," Jay said stopping Kjayy as he turned towards the door. "I still love you."

"Love you too," Kjayy said before walking out.

"I got a private room I want his ass here tomorrow," Jay said speaking to me now.

"Okay," I said getting excited at the fact that I am going to see him.

"You just got all happy and shit." He laughed.

"I miss you." I pouted.

"I miss you too ma. Wear something tight."

"No, I'm big and pregnant. Plus you aren't going to have them turn me away."

"Yo thick ass better wear something tight. I need to see all them curves I love."