Chapter 1. A New beginning

If you're here right now reading the beginning of The Elementals I just want to let you know it means the world to me. All comments, votes, follows etc. are so appreciated but I'm just happy to share this story with you. Thank you (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amelia's POV.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Know when people ask you who you are and there's really not much to say besides your name, your age and your school? Yeah, I was one of those people. Amelia Ryder, Grade 11, goes to Petersburg High aka The School of Torture and Demon Teachers.

I didn't make that up or anything...

First fact you should know, I don't like Tuesdays. In fact, I may even despise them. They're the one day nobody cares about.

Monday- That crappy day that says "El Weekend is over!"

Wednesday- Week is half done!

Thursday- The day before Friday.

Friday- No caption needed.

Saturday and Sunday- A two-day heaven away from most obnoxious human beings out there.

Notice I didn't mention Tuesday? That's because there's nothing to say!

On this particular Tuesday, the morning started off horribly. Not only had I missed the bus but I had also forgotten to finish a calculus problem. My parents were out so I'd have to call Quinn and convince her to drive me. I finished eating half a grapefruit and stuffed an apple into my bag. I suppose you could say I followed a strange diet. I was vegetarian and forget about any processed stuff you find in your typical grocery store. I basically lived off fruits and vegetables. I ran upstairs and got my cell phone out to call Quinn.

-Hello?

-Hey, it's me... I said.

-I know what you're going to ask and the answer is NO.

-YES! Please?

-I'm not your mum Amelia! This shouldn't be my responsibility! she groaned.

-I'll love you forever! Please? We're wasting precious time right now as we speak! Ice cream after school is on me.

She didn't reply.

-COME ON! That strawberry ice cream with mountains of delicious sprinkles which really makes me want to throw up whenever I look at it, is waiting for you! I wailed dramatically into the phone. I know you're picturing it right now, I added.

-You suck. Be there in ten. I will enjoy eating the best food in the world while you eat some of your god forbidden carrots or something.

I could hear her smiling even if she had turned her "Quinn-is-about-to-murder-you" tone on. When she finally pulled into the driveway I gathered all my stuff and ran out the door.

One thing you need to know about Quinn is that she looks just about as scary as she sounds on the phone. (I have witnessed really young children cry from merely looking at her) In crowds, she's always easy to spot, wearing her black stiletto heels, black jeans and tops. Sometimes she changes it up and wears black studded leather jackets or necklaces. She'd dyed her hair again for the millionth time last week and it was currently short and a dark shade of blue. Another contributing factor to her frightening look was that Moderation and Makeup weren't two words that corresponded together in Quinn's mind. When she saw me, she batted her eyelashes and sarcastically exclaimed "Oh look! Mummy has arrived, all ready to take her duckling to school!"