The Mark of Athena - FIRST CHAPTER ONLY!

Please tell me if you get Leo's reaction to "Maria". She's Hazel, but Leo remembers her as "Maria" like Hazel remembers Leo as "Sammy". Get it now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annabeth should have been helping Leo.

She should have been out getting breakfast ready, or getting some tips from Jason, or some advice from Piper. Or maybe she should have been looking out the window, waiting for Camp Jupiter.

But what was Annabeth doing? She was on her bed staring at a picture of her and percy in a pile of dirt from teh time they tried to garden.

She decided she should get up and look out the window. Leo had come on teh intercom a few minutes before saying they would be landing in a field called the "Field of Mars" in about ten minutes.

Annabeth ran into Piper on the way to the window.

"Oh, hi Annabeth!" Piper said.

"Hi," Annabeth said. Their rooms were right across teh hall from each other, so they would be doing that a lot. "Do you need anything?"

"Umm," Piper looked around the ship, "No, I think we're good. I was going to wait for Camp Jupiter with Jason."

"I was going to do that, too," Annabeth said, "Could I join you?"

"Sure." They walked out to the main room, where Leo was running around like crazy. He had been doing that for the past few days, so they didn't think much of it.

Jason had his head against one of the twelve windows. He looked like he was battling something inside his head.

Piper patted his shoulder and he looked up.

"Hey, guys," He said, "Camp Jupiter is about two minutes away. In case you're wondering, it's too late to back out."

Annabeth had considered backing out when they were over Kansas, but Piper talked her out of it. Now Annabeth wished she had backed out. Her stomach was officially gone.

"Oh, gods," Annabeth said. She had spotted the Roman camp. They were at least three times the size of Cap Half-Blood, with the town included. It looked like the Romans had campers ranging from the ages of 8-888. That would include Percy.

Jason was pointing out the buildings. The Colosseum, the senate building, the legions, the Via Principia, and a lot more.

A lot of kids in togas - which looked like bed sheets - came out of teh senate building, which was part-way destroyed. They had a battle, maybe?

Percy was among them. Annabeth noticed something different about him. He had the cloak of a Praetor.

"Um, Jason," Piper said, "I think you may have been de-throned." She pointed to Percy.

Annabeth ran up to the deack with Jason and Piper behind her. Her heart and mind was racing.

Once they got up, there was teh other Praetor next to Percy. She had a cold expression adn looked about ready to fight. Next to her was a boy who looked a lot like Luke. He was decked out in Roman armor, with three swords and teddy bears on his belt.

She looked back at Percy. He was standing next to and had his arm around to kids, one that was taller than him and one that was shorter.

"Maria!?" Leo said. Annabeth hadn't noticed he had come on the deck, but he was there.

"Leo, shouldn't you be landing?" Piper asked, leaning over the railing to look at him.

"Oh, yeah!" he ran down the stairs to teh control room. The ship jerked downwards and Annabeth had to hold on to the railing. Tight.

They went do to the field and crashed. Annabeth was dazed for a bit but then Piper helped her up.

"Leo!" She yelled after helping Annabeth up, "Where are you?"

They found Leo and helped him out of the control room. Half of the ship was rubble.

The other Praetor came over. She paused when she saw Jason, and Piper had her fists balled. The Praetor smiled adn turned to the crowd. Teh armor guy had a sword and a teddy bear in hand.

"Octavian!" She said, "Put down your weapons, they come with former Praetor, Jason Grace! They obviously can't attack with this warship, consdering it's half destroyed."

Seh motioned for Percy to come up. The two he was standing by shoved him up. He went up, but he went past Reyna. He went up and hugged Annabeth. She started crying. Annabeth had never been happier.