Chapter 2 Dark

When Emma entered she found a shabby room with no windows and no natural light. There were rackes of clothing on one wall and wepons of all shapes and sizes on the other, in the middle of the room sat a table and on that table was a black dagger. The girl motioned for her to step onto a grey square, Emma did so hesitantly. Water poured down on her washing away her clothes. Strangely enough she didn't feel uncomfortable, it almost felt right.

"Enjoy it while you can there won't be a shower in the ruins." said a man that just entered.

"That's the second time someone mentioned that, care to explain?"

"The ruins is a complex labyrinth inside an old castle. Inside you will find some of the greatest pain you will ever experience you will face your fears and run from death himself."

"I don't want want to do this! you can't make me go!"

"Your right we can't but if you want to get home you must find your way out of the ruins!"

The four humans stood before Emma two girls and two boys each with a moon on there chest.

The first man stood shabby but proud he wore smile that seemed filled with dazzling moonlight, he couldn't be taller than Emma there was a boyishness look about him. The second looked like he was made out of shadows, he features were elegant and rough this strange man glowered at her with distain. Next was a older girl maybe in her early twenties. this girl made Emma realize how young everyone was. She had a mean look about her, and the others seamed to look up to her even though she was smaller. Beside her was a tall childish looking girl who's shirt hung loosely around her long torso. this character wore a happy smile that seamed strange in the darkness

"I suppose we should introduce ourselves I'm Corby." Said his moonlit smile

"I'm Douglas" said the shadow

"My name is Lorraine and I am the leader of the dark influence." Emma figure as much.

"And I'm Brangwen the only one here with a sense of humor!" Her eyes lit up as she said this.

"It's nice to meet you but I still don't know why I'm here!" Emma said getting agitated.

"Not now we need to suit you up." Colby said ushering Emma over to the rack of clothing, he picked up a dark blue one piece jumpsuit, held it up to Emma and threw it to her

"Put it on. This suit is special, you only get one so try not to mess it up before the ruins."

Emma hastily put on this oh so special suit. when she put it on it shaped to her body. instead of the moon on her chest she had a dark blue triangle. She traced it with her finger feeling the gentle fabric.

"What does the triangle mean?" Emma asked.

"It's the symbol of the ruins.

"Ok..."

"I know it's confusing but you'll catch on."

"What was wrong with my other clothes? Where did they go? that was my favorite shirt if I don't get it back heads will roll!"

"Do you not like my suit?" Colby asked, miffed.

"It's not like that I just want to make sure I'll get it back."

"You will get them back don't worry."

"But only if you survive." Douglas added.

Lorraine jabbed her elbow into his side.

"Douglas! don't talk like that of course... what's your name again?"

"Emma Hope"

"That's a pretty name!" Brangwen said.

"Is Hope your last name?"

"No."

"Well are ya gonna tell us what it is?"

"Clark, my last name is Clark."

"That's a strong last name: Clark! Your dad must work really hard!"

"He does, but he always has time to spend with me and my brother."

"It sounds like you really admire him."

"I do, he is always there for me! he used to take me to the movies every time I was upset. which was a lot since I used to get bullied."

"Who would want to bully you you seem nice." Douglas said paying for his previous comment about Emma dying.

Emma didn't really like him much, but she supposed that she'll just have to get used to him. she supposed she liked Brangwen, she seemed nice enough.

Lorraine put her hand on Emma's shoulder leading her to the rack of weapons.

"Take your pick, I suggest taking the bow since I doubt you have the strength for the ax."

Emma picked up the ax wanting to prove Lorraine wrong, and when she did so the ax plummeted to the ground with a loud bang. Lorraine picked up the ax like it was a feather setting it back on the rack, she handed Emma a long sword.

"Here, see if you can lift this."

The sword was really light weight and Emma was able to maneuver it really well. seeing that Emma liked it Brangwen clipped a sheath on her waist.

"What's this for?" Emma asked.

"To sheath your sword of course! Gee slow and stupid what a mix."

"What is this smaller sheath for?"

"This." Corby said handing her the dagger from the middle of the room.

"This dagger was forged inside the black mountain. This dagger will hit whatever you throw it at."

"Cool!"

"I know isn't it?"

"I've never fought before, do you think this is safe? I mean I'm not experienced in this area."

"We can tell." Lorraine said bluntly. "don't worry that's why we're here."

"Do you mean that you'll be in the Ruins with me?"

"Yes we will be there."

"What about those other people?"

"Them too."

"won't that be alot people?"

"You would be surprised how roomy the ruins are, now you need go over to the other side."

"The other side?"

"Yes, you know those hippies we saw earlier?" Douglas said taking over the conversation.

As he said this the door they came through opened and Emma stepped through hesitantly from what she thought was the safety of friends.