Suurin

Mie suusi suurin
Suveks syömää
Muut lampaaks lautsan alle

Mie suusi suurin
Mie karhu kankahalla
Miun veret pieälimmäisinä

Mie suusi suurin
Suveks Syömään
Muut lauhtuoh lampahaksi

Minä sudeksi
Muut lampahiksi
Mie suusi suurin

Song: Kati Rán - Suurin

The lyrics are from an old rite from Nothern Finland, so as a tribute to my country, I added the lyrics here.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I should be dead.

I should be, I know that much. I remember demanding to be cut open and the baby to be saved. I remember Hall ordering me to be thrown away, since I no longer had any use to him and was dying anyways.

Tears fell from eyes at the thought of my son. I want to see him.

But why am I not dead? How am I still breathing? How can I open my eyes and smell the air around me?

Focusing on my senses, I try to understand where I am. I am laying on something soft, and a pelt has been placed over my body. I can smell herbs, burning wood and something that makes my stomach growl.

Allowing my eyes to wonder around, I inspect my surroundings. It appears that I am in some sort of a house.

I noticed what the softness under me was. A bed, with a hay stuffed mattress. It was nothing unusual to me. I always slept on a hay bed. Hall told me of a feather bed he saw when raiding, and planned to get one for us.

There was a small fire in a corner, with stones placed around it to stop it from spreading. Only a few logs were still burning, others had turned to coal. On top of the fire, there was a piece of meat with herbs tied to it with a string. The meat was pierced with a stick and placed on top of two Y-shaped pieces of wood.

The house seemed more well build than the houses in our town, for it was build of logs stacked and stacked upon one another. There was a single window on two walls, and while one of the walls was clear of any openings, the final wall had an escape route. A door.

Slowly and with great struggle, I roll over to my side. Placing my hands on the bed, I push myself in to a sitting position. Groaning from the pain, I stay seated, and catch my breath.

The door creaks open, and a figure appears from the outside. "Oh good, you are awake!"

I inspect the figure with confusion, as it steps in to the house and closes the door, making the space darker again.