7

BLAKE

BLAKE

The next few days weren't anything out of the ordinary. I spent them either working at the coffee shop, or hidden in my apartment. Zack came by a few times to check in on me, but I told him I thought I was getting sick and didn't feel up for going out. So, he left me alone.

But really, I wasn't sick. I was distancing myself.

My mind was consumed with thoughts of Jude and the night we endured together. It had already been almost four days since the party, and I desperately wanted to sneak outside the walls and reunite with him again. Really, I did.

But I was terrified.

It felt dangerous. It felt wrong. And yet, my heart gravitated towards the risk this man entailed.

It was on a cold and lonely night when the urge had me defeated. My curiosity and desire overpowered my will to stay home and not put my future and well being at risk. But the green in Jude's eyes, along with their truths is what got me off my bed and onto my feet.

I decided to put on a black sweatshirt with dark leggings. It seemed cliche, but it made sense to blend into the night while sneaking around security cameras and government officials. I tied my hair back into a bun and brought the hoodie over my head to further mask my identity.

For a moment, I hesitated at the door. I thought of my father and what he would want me to do. I thought of Zack, who I was lying to, time and time again.

But then I thought of Jude. And what he told me.

You know where to find me.

I was met face with the warehouse once more. And not to any surprise, people were pooling in and out of the entrances, the music blaring like it did just nights ago. It astonished me that every single night, the same group of people came around these parts and used the sacred land to get intoxicated on. And then I remembered, Jude was one of them.

Shaking the thoughts from my head, I decided to check inside the warehouse first. It was nearly one in the morning, and yet, I felt more awake and alive than ever before.

Slipping through the back entrance, I was immediately tossed left and right by dancing bodies. The heat from the hundreds of Pisces was overwhelming me, and I squeezed my way through the crowd and found relief by the tables of alcohol.

I stepped back and scanned the crowd. It wouldn't be hard to find him. That face was unlike any other.

"Is that you, Blake?"