Part 28- Taking the Survey

"Excuse me, Lancer right?" I said. He looked up, and glared at me. His eyes gave me chills down my spine, but I ignored it.

"What do you what Rosy?" He asked me. I ignored his nickname and sat down across from him.

"I just need you to answer a question. It's simple." I said. He raised an eyebrow as I hold up my paper to him. The lunch table is too nasty to even rest your head on!

"Ohh, it's homework. And if I don't answer?"

"Then I will simply leave." I answered. I dropped the act, getting tired of it. He looked like he was deciding on something, but I didn't know what.

"Want me to read it to you?" I asked. He shook his head and took the paper. He took forever so I hesitated before put my elbow on the table and sat my head on my hand.

"I think I'm answer two Rosy." He said, handing the paper to me. I gladly took it and look at the paper.

"I finally know why you get mad when I sit with them."

"Actually, more like him." I said. Lancer looked shock at first them smirked while shaking his head.

"So that's what you guys were talking about." He said.

"Talk with me a bit more." I shook my head and stood up to leave. But Lancer said something that made me smirked.

"Fine, call me right after school is over." He said. I sat back down at the table, and Thea was the first to noticed me.

"Welcome back Janet." She said. I smiled and joined in on the weird conversation of Katie's obsession of kiwi with dark chocolate. I laughed with them and said some comments, Lucas was a bit quiet, but still join in on the laughs.

After lunch, I walked out of the cafeteria with a small smile on my face. But, there was a small voice in the back on my head that I couldn't quite make out.

"What was that about Janet?" I jumped as I turned to Lucas, with the cafeteria door closing behind him. Forgetting about the voice, I smirked remembering about what Lancer said when I stood up.

"Nothing Lucas, just someone's a bit jealous." I responded.

~~~

I was laying on my bed, looking up at the ceiling. It was after school, and I was laying in the bed, just taking a light nap. I was tired for some reason, and I didn't know why.

But then my phone begat ring. I quickly picked it up and answered it.

"Hello-." I yawned. There was silence. I took my phone off my ear and checked the number. It wasn't from around here, and that weirded me out, because I thought it was Lancer. I put the phone back on my ear.

"I'm sorry, you have the wrong number." I said. There was a girl gasp before I heard movement. I was beyond confused and annoyed.

"By-!"

"Hey Rosy!" I heard Lancer said. He sounded so cheery, that it pissed me off.

"Lancer. What was the silence for?" I asked. He giggled like a fake school girl. Was he scheming something? He had to be.

"Remember when I told you about my cousin? Well, her sister wanted your phone number." He said. I raised an eyebrow while I heard movement.

"Hello?" A girl said.

"Hey Violet." I said, I remembered her now. Lancer said her name when he was talking about his sister.

"You know my name?!" She said. I couldn't tell if she was confused or happy, but I brushed it off.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" I said. I heard Lancer laughing in the background, and I could help but ask.

"Why is Lancer laughing?" I asked.

"I don't know. But anyways, remember the girl you bumped into the other day? Well, that's me." She said quietly towards the end. I now remember her short hair and beanie.

"Oh, but why would you run away?" I asked. She hesitated before speaking quietly.

"I was shy." She said. I nodded my head and hummed in reply.

I was talking to Violet for a few more minutes, I asked her about the survey, and she told me to put the most amount of time for her. Then afterwards, she said she was going to hang up. I was a bit concerned, but I let her. But not until I heard Lancer voice.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow. Meet me at the forest at the same time."

And just like that, he hanged up.