Park Jihoon - Mystery of Love

Here you were, just in front of your new University for the year. Wherever you came from, you did all the way up from your country to finally, after all these years, arrived in Korea. All you were expecting from this year was growing up from new meetings and the country's culture. 

You took a deep breath and take confident steps as you entered the building. You directly went to the secretary to recieve whatever papers you had to fill but this is not what is going to make you feel discourage or unconfident. So after filling them with a huge smile plastered on your face, you tried reading your schedule and then it faded ... Your smile faded immediatly, you couldn't understand anything! Although you took Korean classes, you thought "Yet my Korean is not bad..." But all we could see was a frown on your face, this was so difficult to understand. So all of a sudden, you started to hear your heart beat faster and you could feel your hands shaking, that's it, you were finally stressing. People were passing by you, some pushing in your shoulder and excusing and it causes you even more stress. You knew that you should have came at the same time of your roomate, you would have been two in the same problem... 

Suddendly, a guy ran into you making you fall on the ground with your papers scattered all around you too. 

"You should watch out where you going !" 

"But I-I wasn't going anywhere... I was reading, well trying to read-" I responded but he cut me off. 

"Anyway, sorry, I have to go." 

I was still on the floor looking at the guy running as fast as he could towards maybe his class. 

"What a douchebag ..." I thought to myself. 

As you got up and gathered your stuff, you saw an ID card. You took it and read "Park Jihoon", maybe it's the guy's card ? You haven't really seen his face since he left before even falling... Maybe you'll see him another time even though you wish to not. After all this mess, you went back to the secretary who guided you to your class, seeing you panicked and all, he should have had some pity for you. You unfortunately missed your first class but at least you found your second one. 

You got your things out and organize your stuff on the table making sure to attack this "first" hour of class with seriousness. You were on your phone, reading your friend's messages encouraging you for your first day at school when suddendly: 

"Why are you smiling?" 

"Huh?" You look up and saw someone familiar... Oh the guy from the ID card ! 

"Is this seat taken?" 

"Yeah-NO I mean no ! It's not taken ..." You said out of the blue, you love making friends but you are a bit reserved I guess and so when a guy that attractive, yes he is very attractive you thought, talk to you, you're very clumsy with your words. 

"Haha okay ! Cool ! Oh and by the way sorry that I've ran into you this morning, I-I was a bit late and so yeah sorry" He flashes me a smile and i felt my cheeks heated. "And my day is not going so well... I've lost my ID card, maybe you've seen it after we hit?" 

"Oh uhh... wait" I searched for it in my pocket and gave it to him. 

"You found it ! Awesome ! Thanks !" 

After the class ended you think you understood the fact that you had an hour of break so you got out your schedule and try reading it, again. 

"Is this what you were reading earlier?" 

"Yes.. Well I was trying to read it actually !" You said with a small laugh. 

"Haha I see, it's always so hard to read but as I can see we've got the same classes together ! That's awesome ! We would be able to see each other way more haha" 

"Does this mean you were at our first class ?"

"Wait you missed it ? Oh no, was it because of me ?! I should have helped you and I was a complete douchebag ..." He responded to me. 

"No no no ! it's okay, I just wanted to ask if it was good if you could pass me your notes?" 

"Oh yeah surely ! What's your name? You know mine but I don't know yours" 

~~

Weeks has passed and you and Jihoon became quickly friends. You maybe have some feelings growing towards him but it's preferable to ignore them, not to waste your friendship but you know that at the end of the year you'll have to go back where you come from. And you know about love too. Usually, when people ask you, why not meeting someone, you say "nah I'm in no searching of this..." The truth is that you're scared. Scared of this feeling called love, you know that love is the most pleasent feeling of course but when we talk about that there is always the word 'pain' which came at the end and this is what is going to happen with him. You will love him, you will leave, you will break up and you will suffer your heart out. Of course you'll miss him but as a friend. As a lover you won't miss only him but it would be like you'll ran out of oxygen, something you can't leave without. Wait a minute, how could you even know about this feeling if you say that you don't love him that much? Does this mean that- I see, you love him already. 

As you were thinking about all of this, his voice brung you back to reality. 

"Y/N, we need to talk" 

"What? I mean about what?"

"About you and I..."

That's it, you thought, he is going to say that he won't be friends with me because I'll leave soon... 

"I ... Ah this is harder that I thought ... Okay! I like you a lot and I know that you like me a lot because I just- you know I just feel it that's it." He said without taking any break, his cheeks red as a tomato. 

There was like a silence... A long pause, I couldn't talk back to what he said... After all we lived together...

"I love- I'm sorry I can't..." 

"Wait what? Why? Is this again about the fact that you'll be gone at the end of the year? Oh Y/N... Listen, between 'gone' and 'left', there is a difference. With 'gone', you'll never come back but with 'left' you'll certainely come back because I really do love you, like I don't know but it's the mystery of it and it's exciting... So I don't care about that because I know we can make it through within the distance... And just for now, make me happy and enjoy the moment..." 

He got closer to you, your eyes lost in each others eyes and without even realizing it, you were kissing, losing your mind into it and just enjoying the moment. He was right, love is a mystery to you but you'll learn fast. 

~~

Sorry it is maybe a bit short but I wrote it like that... 

I hope you like it anyway !