four

"BEING ALIVEEEEEE", Greg the small boy with the big voice was up for his audition. The trio were seating together in the theater at Xavier watching the others. Greg was still dressed in his school uniform which phased Jo to think about the Hazel boy from the start of the school year. Does Kyle even remember her, does she run through his mind as much as he did right now. "Jo it's your turn", Ladybird nudged her back to reality.

Step at a time. Breathe properly everything will be fine. Just like how we practiced, minus the part of bleeding Fin's ears out. Jo got onto stage and gave Miss Patty the sheet music. "Good luck sweetie", Miss Patty gave her a push before playing the intro. (play vid)

"Thank you", Jo's accent went full blown as she bowed and exit the stage. "That was amazing Jo, you're accent is still so cute you need to use it often", Ladybird hugged her before going up herself, Jo felt she was a bit of a back ground character in her uniform compared to Lady who was wearing a dress.

-

Merrily We Roll Along

Franklin Shepard : Danny O'Neil

Charlie Kringus : Greg Anrue

Gussie : Josephine Lucy MacMillian

Beth : Julie Steffans

Swing/Chorus : Christine MacPherson, Diana Greenway

"Congratulations", Lady said tightly. "You too! We all made it!", Julie said getting both of them getting a hug from Jo. "Everyone who auditioned got in. The part I got is basically not getting in", Ladybird shrugged. "Christine this is not how I raised you, be grateful you got a part. Plus you have Diana as a partner she's lovely", Jo scolded Lady. "I don't even know how I got cast my part", Julie downgraded the conversation. "Me neither. I was the one who had a dress and prepared a song. Now you're going to get romantic with stage with Danny", Lady got a soft poke from Jo. "It's probably my only shot at that you know", Julie brushed it off.

"You got the hots for Danny I hear", the smaller brunette teased Ladybird. "Don't act like you didn't like Jonah before", Lady teased her back. "Ew that's Jenna's boyfriend. Just no", Jo stuck out her tongue. "Freshmen Josephine would have never said that", Julie joined up with the party.

"Why don't we go to the park to celebrate", Jo wanted to have some fun while, Ladybird wrote her name on the paper."Let's go then", Ladybird linked her arms with Julie and Jo, they were off to the park. It was a late afternoon of fun with the swings and half melted ice cream they shared.

-

"OH MY DEAR BROTHERRR, GUESS WHAT", Jo went straight home after their little celebration. "Whatttt", Fin singed from the kitchen. "I GOT THE PARTTT", she hanged over his shoulder. "Congrats sis, the fall play thing. I kinda wish I did it when I was Xavier. Yet not at the same time", Fin ran his mouth about his high school life.

"Why don't ya go to the homecoming", Fin set down their dinner for tonight. His famous 'don't ya' and Jo's 'ya know' were in equal match in saying and accent. "Ya know I'm not like that, no real point in goin'", Jo dug in to her soup. "It's your last high school homecoming, as your older brother I want you to make memories and therefore shall force you. No butts no double whys or triple decker sighs. All final I pay for dresses and stuff", Fin protested while he began eating too. "You're lucky we are vegan or I would be eating you right now", Jo gave into her brother. "But, if that's the deal back after Thanksgiving I get to start working again. No butts no double whys or triple decker sighs", she sealed the deal leaving her brother to agree.

-

"I still can't believe you are making me go. I look ridiculous", Jo was dressed in a red flannel, black jeans, and boots. After all their theme was Cowboy, which Josephine protested very much to the sisters but the majority won. "At least you aren't Siruis. He was stuck in Azkaban for twelve years", Fin pulled a Harry Potter joke while pulling out his disposable camera. "I've been so tired from all the practices for the play why can't I crash", Jo wined.

"Yes these shall go down to the books. Your children will thank me one day",
Fin wiped away a fake tear while taking more pictures and ignored her plea.

HONKKKK HONK

"I think that would be Julie, let me free", Fin brought her into a hug. "Oh please let me take pictures of you and the girl's", Jo was trying to shake him off. "We aren't going to become part of your porno pictures collection today brother", Jo ran down the stairs Fin chasing her.

"Hey girls. Now drive. drive. drive.", she quickly buckled her seat belt in the back. "Hey ladies, don't mind me taking pictures. Luce keeps runnin", Fin was panting his hair wild with camera in hand. "Of course, Julie mind helping me with Jo", Ladybird got Jo out. After several shots the girls finally left, plus the big brother talk to all the girls.

Julie and Ladybird were having the time of there life dancing and playing games. Jo, well no so much, she took another drag from her coke filled cup. Lady spotted Danny leaving Julie to continue dancing. Jo had enough of the loud atmosphere and the water downed coke and went outside. She hopped one of the walls to sit on and opened her flannel to let her black shirt lose, now giving her a grunge look.

"Lucy with diamonds in the sky. Who knew I would find you here", someone had swung over to sit next to her on the wall. "Well if it isn't hazel boy. It's been quite the while", Jo chuckled at their nicknames. "Quite the party", Kyle said sarcastically. "I'm not really a fan of it. Kinda wished someone spiked the coke but it's all water downed", she sighed and look back to the moon, it was full and shining on them both. She took a glace at him, Kyle was wearing the same attire but with a black flannel and a straw hat.

"You want one, rolled them myself", Kyle lit a cigarette that now were placed between his fingers. "Rolled yourself or not ya know smoking is bad for you either way", she faced him, his features more sharper in the dim lighting of the burning cig. "Now babe but weed is a different story", he handed it to her. After consulting herself she didn't find it half bad "How does a guy like you get weed", Jo took a drag of the substance and coughed a little. "Government has their ways,I have mine. First time?", Kyle took a drag while they took turns.

"Is it that obvious? Too weed yes", she started to feel weightless now they finish the blunt. "Dance with me?", Kyle jumped off the wall and extended his hand to her. "Whatever you say cowboy", Jo was now giggly and took his hand. The same song played in the cafe that day was playing in the dance, very faintly it found there way to them as they slowed dance.

The girl felt pleased holding on to him keeping her grounded. His scent of cigs and coffee was calming as she laid her head on his chest. Kyle kept them dancing to the indie pop song then slowly dipped her. " Josephine I feel like I wanna kiss you", he said then slowly brought her back up. It was the first time in a while she felt comfortable with someone calling her by her first name. "Shut up and dance hazel boy", Jo said resting her head on him again.

They had slow danced until the homecoming ended and the little buzz of weed was gone. They were now just sitting against the wall enjoying each others company making small talk. The Vista Cruiser had pulled up around the corner. "I think that's my ride", Kyle had help and pulled her up. "Don't be a stranger Luce. It would be nice to see you every week instead of month at a time", Kyle said.

"Here let me fix your hat", Jo got closer to him and brought the hat down then covered there face. She placed a soft kiss on his lips before placing the hat on her head. "See you around Hazel boy", she kissed the boy on the check leaving the boy in his little moment putting his hat on her head.

"How was the homecoming", Fin asked as she entered the car. "It was great, thank you" Jo sighed a happy sigh. "Where the hat come from", he raised his eyebrow at her. "Just from someone special", she ended the conversation with a dreamy smile on her face,thinking about the hazel boy. The little sparks still tingling on her lips. He tasted like coke and something else.

Dang it he had spiked coke on him