Origins-10

Artemis's Pov-After Putting Percy to sleep-

He looks so cute when he's asleep.I thought.Well,mattress is a better word .I changed him into more comfortable clothes,a blue pajama,and sat by his side.

The boy was only eight years old.He should be with his parents,going to school,playing with his friends,maybe even his pet but,Noooo.Fate had to mess up the poor boy's life.He was eight.Wait,why 8?Couldn't they wait until he was 12 or something.I remember that 8 had something to do with immorality or something.Eight,eight,eight.Why is 8 upright?If I turn it 90 degrees it will be......infinity!That's why.Eight was the number of immorality and endlessness(A/N I just rambled off here this isn't true).

"Lady Artemis" a voice came from behind me.I turn away from the sleeping boy to see a wolf approaching. "Adolpha! What brings you here?" I asked "Artemis" The wolf bowed its head "I have smelt a boy on our land and followed his trace to this tent ,yet I do not find a male in this room unless..." She trailed of staring at my newest hunter.

"I swore to take care of him,on the River Styx as well.I can't go back on my promise you know"

"Yes but why?"

"He is a boy my hunters found many years ago.After finding him and returning him to his house safely,I found out that he lives a horrible life and, I couldn't find it in my self to disagree to the oath.Besides he is very obedient,innocent and harmless.I don't think that he will rebel against us nor will he harm us,if anything,he will save us.The Moirai have spoken about his importance."

Adolpha transformed into her human form and placed her hand on my shoulder"My lady,I rust that you shall lead us the correct path to victory.I do not doubt your actions and decisions, nor does anyone here.If you wish to take a boy under your care,it is your choice.Even if you plan to take us to the Underworld and dam us there for all eternity,we shall follow you every step of the way.You are our goddess,leader,and to some,mother."

She remover her hand from my shoulder and took my hands in hers.I looked up at her,and she smiled softly.She stood up,bowed and left.I felt my doubts flush away from my mind as I turned back to face my newest hunter.

A goddess of children you are.You didn't help a child escape his horrible parent for he was a male.Some goddess you are. I thought. No,I am a good goddess,Adolpha said so herself.I am a goddess,i just need improvements. I felt better and retired to my tent to sleep.

The next day.Aster/Percy's POV-

I woke up feeling as if I slept for years on end.I sat up on my mattress and made a list of what I my senses detect.I felt a soft blanket under my hands above the mat,a scent of dust and a hint of rain,a soft drumming of rain hitting its targets,a relaxing sort of darkness surrounding me.I stood up and checked my disguise and,which was unsurprising,I was left unchanged other than changing my previous outfit.I poked my head out of the tent only for me to fall back."Ow"I muttered as I rubbed my head.

"Sorry but I had to come and get you.We just had lunch and My Lady asked me to come get you"The girl rambled as she pulled me up.

"It's okay.I'm sorry,I souldn't of overslept on my first day."I mumbled quietly.I wasn't that good with social activities,being cramped up in an apartment with a scary man supposedly my father and his scarier friends for most of my life.I didn't attend school too.Mom said I was too smart to go to school so I stayed at home dong whatever I was told.

"Hey no need to be shy.I'm Callum,call me Cal."She smiled brightly as I thought Callum:Irish origins meaning dove.

"Are you a daughter of Aphrodite?" I asked knowing the answer.

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!" she yelled "How did you know that oh my word you guessed it from the first try most people don't do that! They think that I am the daughter of someone else like Apollo or Hephaestus or Hermes or..."She rambled as she dragged me to where the rest of the hunters were.

Once we got there,they had to go do 'Professional Hunter ' stuff while I walked with the Calmer hunters to go fix some of the daily items that the Aggressive hunters ruined.I divided the girls into groups.Calm,Aggressive and Neutral.Of course there are semi-divisions and sub-divisions but those are in general.

The Aggressive are ruthless and are thirsty for revenge on anyone.They are always breaking stuff so the Calm fix everything.The Calm are nice girls who are the therapists,builders and grandma's to everyone.The are also the chef's while the Neutrals just stand there like lost puppies waiting for their next job.

The Calm and I were working on a few ripped items such as clothes and blankets.It turned out that I was pretty good at knitting and sewing.This continued on for about an hour when suddenly a girl screamed "SHE ESCAPED! GET HER!" Everyone rushed away from their jobs and ran towards the yell.The hunter was on the floor covered in what looked like chocolate syrup that was freezing over."Elizabeth"the others yelped and approached her,trying to get her out of the freeing goop,but every time they touch it,it begins to climb over them,freezing them too."Elin!That's what happened!" Elin:Gaelic origins meaning mischievous "I was going out on a walk with that elf and she did this to me!How dare she!"Elizabeth exclaimed,combing chocolate out of her long,light blond hair.I stepped forward and removed a bit of the chocolate off of the floor surrounding her and tasted it.A collective 'EWW' went through the crowd.Just as I thought.

"Elin used a small amount of liquid Nitrogen with the chocolate syrup she doused you in.Your skin would of froze off if not for the chocolate.She didn't mean any harm or else she would of used water on you,which is easier to freeze and would of killed you by now."I analyzed.

The hunters stared and me and I stared at my shoes."Sorry"I muttered.

A hand clasped my shoulder "You did great."I heard someone say "We were just surprised to know that.Can you find out where Elin ran off to as well?" I looked up to face her and nodded."Good girl"she said."I'm Larissa" Larissa:Greek origins meaning mythical woman "Are you a daughter of Hecate?" I asked.She stared at me for a moment before smiling."Your pretty smart aren't you?Well let's go track our elf Elin" "Okay"