Chapter 3#

Chapter 3#

Nathan switched off his ignition and studied the little small Art gallery in front of him. A red-brick house in London, it was plain solid, but with an air of recent visitors. Just a few people coming and leaving.

He frowned as he opened the car door and got out, stretching some of the stiffness from his tall frame. Unclenching fingers that had curled into fist, he shrugged, trying to relieve the rigid set of his shoulder. He'd just come from the embassy, where they give him a month notice to leave the country or be kicked out. He'd over stay in London. The tension that had gripped him from since then had reached crisis point. And it didn't help after he met an incredulous gorgeous woman.

He shake his head his head. Woman are nothing but trouble and completely untrustworthily. He'd met many women like this gorgeous on the outside but deceiving and wicked on the inside. No dough this one is different. He thought. Shaking his head again he should be worrying about how'd he going to coming up with the money to stay in the country more. Going home isn't an option of his and he also refuse to accept help from his parents. He wanted to make it on his own, make his own title and not depend on his parents own.

It took twenty seconds for him to stride across the noisy street, through the low gateway and up the cement path to the door. He pushed the door and immediately a bell went off announcing his arrival. Stepping inside, he surveyed the place. Low music played as people walk around looking at different paintings. He'd always love to paint since he was a little kid.

"Nathan man, I'm so glad you're here. Do you have any more wonderful paintings for me?" A man in a white gray suit asks walking up to him a smile plaster on his face. Nathan smiled at the man he called his best friend. They'd grown up together.

'YesI have and I also brought the ones you ask for,' He answers

'Good,' Mark smiled at him. 'I'm expecting my father friend daughter to collect the painting for him. Now come sit and tell me why you were at the embassy today. Are you planning a trip home?' Mark asks staring at him.

Nathan shakes his head and rubbed his hand lazily through hair. "I'm afraid so. Apparently I've over stay in this country so I have to return unless I come up with the money for a citizenship." He sighed.

"I can lend you the money if you want to." His Mark offers. They'd reached his office and he lead Nathan inside, both taking a seat

"No, that won't be necessary," He said shaking his head viciously. The thought of him borrowing money upsets his stomach. It would be a hurt to his pride, his ego. He prefers to gain the money on his own, he'd already have half of it, and he could gain the other half. Plus he has a secret account which he could easily gain it but no he won't use it at least not for this. The money's just tainted with what he is back at home and he refused to use any more of it. 'I prefer to gain it myself.'

"Nathan," Mark sighed. "You should talk to your parents, they ask about you, you know." He said. "My father spoke to them.

"I will call them." He paused. "Eventually,"

Mark looks at him disapprovingly but before he could say anything a knock came on the door. His office assistance pokes her head through, the door. "Mark, Mr. Williams's daughter is waiting outside for you." She said her gaze glancing towards Nathan lingering for more than it supposed to be.

"Ok you can send her in." Mark said instructing her. He then looked at Nathan as soon as his assistant left. "Looks like Magen got the eyes for you."

"Don't they all do?" Nathan smirk.

There was a knock on the door as it open. Both men glanced in its direction. A young woman stepped inside and Nathan couldn't help his shocked expression crossed his face. At the same time her eyes landed on his and she gasped in surprise.