Starting A Life From Amnesia.

What do you do when you wake up in a hospital room all alone?

What if you have no idea who you- or anyone else are?

What if no-one else knows? And you're forced to restart your life again?

Deza is in this exact situation and has no idea what to do.

I began to open my eyes slowly, the sudden change of light made my head ache and I found myself squinting. Where am I? Who am I? What happened? Were the questions running through my mind.

I was suddenly aware of a steady beeping sound and I looked around the room, I had wires coming from my veins and travelled into many machines, I was confused to say the least. My memory had been completely swiped. The room was a warming yellow which most people would find comforting but to me it was daunting and sickening. The whole situation was daunting, I began to panic and the beeping sound became more frequent, that wasn't soothing in the slightest. I looked down to my wrist to find a band and read what was written on it; Name: Deza?.

Question mark? Why was there a question mark? It was either my name or it wasn't. Ugh, the last thing I needed was more complications; I needed answers, I needed to know who I was.

A young looking woman walked through the doorway, she had her long brown hair tied back and she was in some kind of uniform with a name tag that I couldn't really make out. The woman looked over at me “Good you're awake!” she grinned as she started checking the tubes that were attached to me.

“Mmm, where am I?” I questioned, confused, my voice was hoarse and shakey from the lack of speech. The woman's smile dropped.

“You're in the hospital, I'm nurse Mary,”

“W-who am I?” the nurse's eyes grew sad and she shook her head slightly.

“We were hoping you could tell us. The bracelet you were wearing held the name 'Deza' but we can't be certain that that is your name.” Sympathy was clear in her eyes and for some reason I felt anger course through me but decided to ignore it.

 “Do you need some water?” she asked, slowly. Jeez woman. I've lost my memory not my ability to understand what basic things are!

I nodded my head slightly and took the glass from her hand, I lifted it up to my lips and threw the water down my throat. I don't care if it wasn't the lady-like thing to do, I hadn't had a drink in god knows how long! Mary laughed slightly as she eyed me, concern in her eyes.

“I'll go get the doctor.” and with that she left.

The doctor checked me over a few times and answered some of my questions, even if he didn't know much he still made me feel slightly more confident. I had been in a bus accident half a year ago, I'd been badly injured but most injuries had healed while I was in a coma. My memory was most likely gone indefinitely. I had broken my leg and both arms, gone through a lot of surgeries but was now healed but would need months of physiotherapy in order to build my strength back up and I should be in hospital for a couple more weeks.  

--