Chapter Twenty Nine - Followers

"I hate watching you go" Elizabeth said softly to her husband who was getting fitted into his armor. There were some of Jadis's followers in the woods of Narnia causing trouble. Peter, Edmund and Susan were going to go check it out. It took all night for Peter to convince Elizabeth to stay in Cair Paravel but it's not easy convincing the High Queen of Narnia to do something that she doesn't want to do.

"I will always come back to you" He told her sternly. "No matter where I am, no matter when I am, I will find you and I will return to you. No matter what the cost, no matter how difficult, I will return to you... to the both of you" He whispered walking to her. He wrapped his arms around her waist rubbing her hip bone with his thumb. "Tell me you are not angry with me" He whispered and she looked at him. "I know when my wife is angry but it is hard to figure out who the anger is towards" Elizabeth smiled kissing him.

"I'm not angry with you my love" She whispered to him. "I'm only worried" She told him. "It's been 7 years since I killed Jadis, why are they just now causing a problem?" She asked him worried.

"I don't know." He told her. "Maybe they see that we're all happy and we're having a family and they want to try and ruin it" He said and she looked at her stomach worriedly. "Elizabeth I will not allow that to happen" He told her sternly lifting her head up so she was looking at him. "I will not let them harm you or the baby, I will not allow them to tear our family apart" He told her and she smiled at him.

"Please be careful Peter, I cannot lose you" He smiled at her kissing her softly. She kissed him back more passionately pulling him closer to her.

"Peter, we've got to go" Edmund said coming into the room. Elizabeth pulled away and smiled at him backing away.

"We'll all be back for dinner, I promise you" He told her and she nodded. He smiled kissing her forehead before leaving the room.

"Don't worry Elizabeth, Susan and I will make sure he comes home" Edmund told her as she walked to him. She smiled at him as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Make sure you and Susan return home as well understand Edmund Pevensie?" She asked sternly and he smiled giving her a stern nod.

"Yes ma'am" She smiled nodding before Edmund walked after Peter and Susan met up with them.

"I hate watching him go" Penny said walking up besides her older sister.

"They'll come back to us Penny" She told her little sister.

"I remember a time when I would stand here and watch you leave with Lance and William" Both of their hearts broke a little hearing about Lance and William. "I always hated watching you all leave, worried if you'd return. Now I feel the same worry with Edmund, Susan and Peter" She said and Elizabeth smiled at her. "But just like you, Lance and William, they will return" She said.

"I have faith, now where is Lucy?" She asked with a smile making Penny smile.

"Who knows? Most likely with Mr. Tumnus" They both smiled before going out to find Lucy who they believed was with the faun.

Peter, Edmund and Susan lead other Narnians deep into the forest where they were told Jadis's followers were attacking Narnians. They rode as quickly as they could wanting to get this finished and return home to their family. Though the deeper they went into the forest, the longer they rode, they grew confused as to why they couldn't find anyone. They couldn't find Jadis's followers. After almost a half a days ride they stopped and regrouped with the others.

"Where are they?" Edmund questioned. "We should have found them by now"

"None of this makes any sense" Peter said when Susan's eyes widened widely. "What? Susan what is it?" He asked.

"What is the one thing that all of Jadis's followers hate the most?" She asked and they looked at her confused not catching on. "The woman who killed Jadis" Their eyes widened.

"This was a diversion" Edmund said his eyes widened widely. "They meant to lead us away from Cair Paravel" He said and Peter's heart pounded quickly.

"Elizabeth" He whispered turning his horse around going full speed back to Cair Paravel.

"Peter!" Susan hollered towards her brother. "Come on, we need to get back" She said and they all took off after Peter.

"Lucy!" Elizabeth yelled laughing as she ran after her sister-in-law. Lucy giggled as she slowed down letting the pregnant woman catch up to her. Penny wasn't far behind and the three of them laughed as Mr. Tumnus slowly caught up breathing heavily.

"Are you alright Mr. Tumnus?" Lucy sked concerned.

"Oh, I'll uh.. I'll be alright" He reassured her and she smiled widely. Soon they heard a noise down the hall out of their eye sight and looked at each other confused.

"Did you hear that?" Lucy asked and they nodded. "What do you think it is?" She asked.

"I don't know, stay here, let me check it out" Elizabeth said her protective side coming out. Before she could move from her spot Mr. Tumnus grabbed her arm quickly stopping her.

"I think I should be the one to check, you are move valuable than I am" She went to argue but he gestured to her growing stomach and she couldn't argue. He walked down the hall trying to be as quiet as he possibly could. He peaked around the corner and his eyes widened when he saw some of the Narnian guard were dead and Jadis's followers were moving down the hall towards him. His eyes widened running back the three Queens as quietly as he could. "We need to leave, we need to leave right now" He said.

"What's going on Mr. Tumnus?" Lucy asked her eyes widening in worry.

"Jadis's followers, their here. Their here to kill you" He said looking at the Queens. "There's to many of them and not enough of us, we need to hide" Mr. Tumnus said grabbing Lucy and dragging her.

"Elizabeth we need to go, we don't have any weapons" Penny said knowing Elizabeth wants to stay and defend her home. But this wasn't just about Elizabeth, this was about Elizabeth and her child. Elizabeth sighed knowing she was right and followed her after Mr. Tumnus and Lucy. The ran into one of the rooms and went through the hidden door and into the walls.

"Down the hall and to the right, we'll find weapons" Elizabeth ordered them and they nodded following her directions. Penny grabbed a bow and quiver, Lucy grabbed a knife and Elizabeth grabbed a sword.

"Elizabeth you have to get out of Cair Paravel" Penny told her.

"No, I am not leaving" She said sternly.

"Elizabeth I don't care what you what" Penny snapped. "What I care about is what happens to you and your child. Your child needs to be your number 1 priority, let us worry about Cair Paravel. We are Queens as well, it is also our responsibility as much as it is yours" She told her and Elizabeth sighed nodding.

"Penny's right, you need to look after your little one" Lucy said and Elizabeth smiled at her.

"We'll try and get you as close to the stables as we can" Mr. Tumnus said. "As soon as you get to the stables get on a horse and get as far as you can away from here" He said and she nodded. "Are you ready?" He questioned and she took a deep breath and nodded.

"I'm ready"