CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3.

KATE'S POV.

Another pathetic hangover. Another pathetic day pining over the guy that left me. Used and left me. It had been fucking with my head way too much. I must have some label on me saying, 'Made For Sex Only' that only guys can see. Ugh!

I hadn't been to college in over a week. I hadn't heard from Matt, either. Not like I cared. Well, of course I did. I was too much of a wuss to face my feelings and actually do something about it. So, I had turned to intoxication and self-hate, the perfect blend.

I hadn't talked to him since the night of Stacey's party, to be specific. The night I was "used and left".

I sighed. Alex. I couldn't get him out of my mind. Everytime I played the entire evening back in my head, I couldn't understand what had gone wrong. He was into me. Or, that's what it looked like. Or, that's what I have been convincing myself to think. It's not like I'm some America's Top Model.

I slumped onto the couch again, watching the stupid ceiling, and thinking again... The only non-productive thing I was actively doing. What really went wrong? Should I have played hard to get?

That's when a series of urgent knocks rattled the frame of my door.

He's here!

I practically jumped off the couch, and ran to the door, stumbling a lot on the way. I almost bashed into the door. I took a deep breath and gathered myself together. There were a series of emotions running through me. Suddenly, I felt paralysed. What am I going to say to him?

The knocking continued.

I definitely shouldn't entertain him.

I took another deep breath and finally opened the door, wanting to get it over with as soon as possible.

"Hi." Matt said.

I blinked a few times, and closed my mouth as soon as I realised it was open. Absolutely not whom I was expecting...

"What... are you... doing here?"

"Need to talk to you." Shit's going down.

"Go ahead." Such a bad idea.

"So, we should talk." He was being awkward and weird.

"Yeah, we should." I winced as the image of him dancing with that bitch came in front of my eyes. "Would you... Uh, like to come in?" No matter how pissed I was, he was my best friend. But, the entire thing felt so awkward.

He nodded. I moved to let him in and shut the door behind me.

"So."

"You... want anything to drink?"

Awkward!

He shook his head. "So, I kissed you."

I flushed. For a moment I thought he was there to confront me about Alex. Him bringing up the kiss was unexpected. I had kissed him back, too. We both had kissed before, but we both knew that that day was about something absolutely different. He had made it the most perfect day of my life.

And, also ruined it by dancing with that whore.

"Uh, well... It's no biggie. We don't really have to talk about that." I smiled at him politely. Or fakely. Whatever.

"We do."

I sighed. He wants to go down this road. Okay. "Go ahead, then."

"What happened there? What is this?"