She Wolf on Her Period

Jacque and Fane, Sally and Costin,  Jennifer and Decebal

Fane sauntered down the hallway of the Romanian pack mansion, a smile creeping onto his face as he thought about his feisty mate that he had just left. He had a mission to carry out, but had spared a couple minutes to kiss his wife good morning before she got ready for the day. He, Decebal and Costin had been sent to track down some special herbs that Rachel requested. They were essential to crafting a potion that would make a wolf immune to dark magic.

As soon as Fane arrived outside and entered the black hummer that was waiting to depart, he felt a jolt as his mate slammed the wall in her mind up. He stumbled and turned his head towards the window that he knew led to their bedroom. A growl escaped the lips of the prince and he whirled around when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Fane, what is it?", his beta asked, looking over the young pup.

"Jacquelyn just forced me out of her mind and I don't know why."

Decebal's eyes widened.

"You too? Jennifer cussed me out this morning for absolutely nothing and then blocked her mind too."

"Sally as well."

Costin poked his head of the open window, joining the conversation.

"What are the odds that all our women are acting strange?", the healer's mate wondered out loud.

"I don't know Costin, but if Sally and Jen are acting the same way as Jacquelyn, then this can't be good. I really don't think we should leave with them like this."

"I agree Fane, but if it were urgent, then our wolves would feel it. Plus this mission cannot wait. The witch magic is still targeting our packs and as alpha males we have to protect everyone."

"I agree Beta. Sally mine has never kept anything dangerous or urgent from me. I belive they are alright. However we should hurry up and get back to them."

With that, the three men departed. However, their minds were drifting to what they could have possibly done to be blocked out by their mates.

(Fane and Jacque's bedroom)

After Fane had left, Jacque got up and made her way to the bathroom. The short journey caused sharp pains to shoot through her thighs, back and stomach. The redhead quickly made her way to the toilet and her fear was instantly confirmed. She was on her period. Jacque cussed and instantly separated her mind from Fane's. She knew he'd be pissed about that, but right now, she didn't want him to know how much pain she was in when he had such an important mission to carry out. Sighing loudly, the upset girl got into the shower and basked in the warmth it readily provided, her cramps temporarily sated. As soon as she got out, she put on a pad and changed into yoga pants, fuzzy socks and a hunter green oversized sweater.
A glance in the mirror told her that she looked just like she felt. Her red, fiery mane was dishevelled, she had bags below her eyes and her already pale skin looked even paler. Even her emerald green eyes, that normally sparkled with mischief, looked dull.

"Well I look like freaking trash but I guess it's gonna have to do."

Rubbing her tummy, Jacque made her way to the living room and flopped herself down on the couch. The fireplace was lit and the warmth comforted her. The large room was packed with oversized, comfy couches in deep red and earthy tones, a thick, fluffy carpet and various pillows, cushions and blankets. An 84 inch flatscreen took the area above the fireplace. This was her favourite room in the house and she basked in the glorious comfort it provided to her aching body and volatile mental state. Her thoughts drifted to how much she missed Fane right now. She didn't realise she was day dreaming about him until she was snapped out of her reverie by someone tugging on her curls.